Part-Time Head House Manager
Baryshnikov Arts Center
New York, NY 10018
Part-time Head House Manager
Baryshnikov Arts Center (BAC) is a dynamic performing arts center located in the Hudson Yards neighborhood of New York City. BAC serves artists and audiences through an annual series of public presentations and a residency program.
The Part Time (PT) Head House Manager oversees BAC’s front of house administrative functions for all public events (BAC produced and rentals), supervises front of house staff, coordinates BAC Presents-related events and receptions, and executes office management tasks for the Production/Operations Department. The Head House Manager requires a positive, team-oriented approach and a keen customer service sensibility. He/she/they must be efficient, accurate, customer service oriented, and capable of working independently on projects as assigned. Superior organizational and problem-solving skills are essential.
The Head House Manager reports to the to the Production Manager.
The position requires an average of 20 – 25 hours per week, with hours scheduled on an asneeded basis, to be determined a month in advance by the Production Manager. Some nights and weekends will be expected.
• Direct supervision of FOH staff (House Management, Assistant House Managers, Lobby Managers, Ushers, Studio Managers, etc.)
• Administrative tasks in support of the Production/Operations Department and office Front of House Specific responsibilities
• Lead, Manage, and train BAC’s Front of House (FOH) staff
• Supervise FOH staff at public events exceeding 50 attendees (BAC activity and rentals)
• Post job listings and review applications for FOH staff; fill all open positions in coordination with Director of Finance and Human Resources
• Generate FOH reports
• Ensure public safety and a high standard of customer service is delivered by the FOH staff
• Gather all necessary production and event notes for communication to day-of FOH staff
• Schedule appropriate staff for all events requiring FOH support; review and distribute schedules monthly or as needed • Approve FOH staff payroll
• Attend dress rehearsals for BAC Presents productions, when possible
• Respond to feedback from BAC staff, renters and patrons regarding improvements to space and FOH personnel. Production/Operations Department Administration
• Monitor studios and theaters when in use, providing access to spaces and responding to needs of occupants
• Maintaining inventory of first aid supplies for all first aid kits
• Generate cleaning schedules and order cleaning supplies
• Manage BAC’s Lost & Found
• Assist with artist hospitality for BAC activity
• Other tasks as assigned.
• 3/5 years experience in house management
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Fluency in Microsoft Office/Windows and Mac platforms
•Knowledge of and passion for the performing arts
• Ability to work in a small but fast-paced team
Compensation: $23/hr; 20 hours per week guaranteed.
No health benefits are included in this position.
TransitCheck 401(k) – After 6 mos of working with the organization
Please email a one page cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to email@example.com.
Please put ‘Head House Manager’ in the subject line. All applications should be submitted by August 15.
Equal Opportunity: Baryshnikov Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts and culture field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. No phone calls, please.
For more information about BAC, please visit www.bacnyc.org
November 25, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.