NEW YORK, NY 10007
Do you have a passion for working with young children? The Downtown Community Center is seeking professional, friendly, and energetic Instructors who thrive in an enthusiastic and kid-friendly environment.
About Manhattan Youth
We are a non-profit Community Center located in the heart of TriBeCa, (right next to the 1,2,3 or AC trains) dedicated to providing the highest quality enrichment programs for children, families and individuals who live or work in Manhattan, regardless of income. Our programs stimulate, challenge and strengthen children, teens, adults, seniors and families, and our services respond to the needs of our community.. We also engage in a number of civic issues that impact community life in Manhattan.
Our Movement, Tumbling, and Music and Singalog Instructors are responsible for leading and supervising daily movement and/or music classes with young children, mostly aged 1- 5 years. An ideal candidate will possess a background in gymnastics, dance, and movement, and/or singing and performance, and who have a passion for teaching and working with young children.
Weekend morning classes are available, and an ideal candidate will be available Saturdays/Sundays plus possibly one weekday.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Duties may include setting up and safe-proofing the gym area, instructing and demonstrating skills and abilities in gymnastics, dance, and movement.
· Leading classes in movement, tumbling, and/or song leading. The classes follow a basic structure, though instructors are encouraged to contribute creatively to the curriculum of the classes they teach.
· Maintain open and ongoing communication with program director, activity specialist and other staff.
· Someone who loves, understands, listens, nurtures, supports, and is accepting of all children.
· Strong background in Gymnastics, Dance, Movement, and/or singing and music.
· Enjoy and understand holding attention and engaging with toddlers with an age appropriate sense of show.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Bonus but not required: Previous experience working with children ages 6 months — 5 years
For all positions, a positive attitude and a team-player mindset is a must. We are looking for hardworking, proactive and professional staff.
November 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016e-1391-d23c-a76f-17d5e4180000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.