Touring Stage Manager – Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
- Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates
- Manage tech rehearsal process and maintain proper documentation for run of show.
- Participate in technical advances, as necessary.
- Supervise and direct local crew, in conjunction with the touring crew, for all load-ins, shows, and load-outs.
- Manage props load-in, preset, and load-out, making repairs and performing routine maintenance as necessary.
- Manage daily crew and show call times, sound checks, performances and sightlines.
- Operate show computer, executing audio and lighting cues via MIDI
- Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
- Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
- Assist other departments when necessary or available.
- Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
- Take and implement creative and technical notes, upholding the artistic integrity of the production.
- Hold notes sessions with cast and crew to ensure consistency with the show.
- Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
- Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Tour Manager and Production Manager.
- Assist the Tour Manager with post-show meet & greets.
- Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
- Share in driving responsibilities with touring company. Tour travels in 15 person passenger vans.
- Must have prior touring experience
- Astute attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
- Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
- Strong organizational and adaptability skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure while managing staff and motivating teams for best results
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload
- Experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations
- Prior experience in providing work direction, coaching others, management or related area
- Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for domestic travel and work on the road for the entire tour
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must pass a background check
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 or more years Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have previously toured with a theatrical show
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in musical theatre
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have experience operating an ETC Ion
- Must be available late December 2019 through June 2020, with lay off, unpaid periods
- Weekly rate is $950.00
- Travel, accommodations, per-diem and benefits (if eligible) are provided
December 26, 2019 – May 31, 2020
$950/wk plus travel, per diem and benefits
HOW TO APPLY