Technical Director / Master Electrician – Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
- Participate in production meetings, conference calls, and training sessions prior to the tour dates, as needed
- Conduct technical advances, working in conjunction with the Company Manager who advances front of house, catering, and accommodations
- Work with touring Master Carpenter to finalize lineset schedules when a venue cannot provide exact placements we request
- Determine when lighting substitutions and/or cuts may have to be made on a venue to venue basis
- Ensure all touring equipment is safely and efficiently loaded on and off the truck during load-in and load-out, in conjunction with the Master Carpenter.
- Supervise and direct local lighting crew throughout lighting load-in, focus, and strike.
- Maintain all tour lighting equipment, including basic maintenance and troubleshooting on moving fixtures and console when necessary
- Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on equipment while on the road to be shared and discussed during production meetings
- Update and maintain show files on a venue to venue basis, including adjusting levels and timing to fit within a venue’s parameters, and ensuring a show file is saved for every venue.
- Ensure console is connected via MIDI to the shows computer prior to house open. Stage Manager will run both lighting and sound cues for performances.
- Run the deck during performances with the assistance of the touring Master Carpenter
- Call the truck pack from deck during load-in and load-out, with assistance from the touring Master Carpenter and working in conjunction with the touring A1 who calls pack at the truck
- Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
- Lend assistance to other departments when available
- Share in driving responsibilities with touring company. Tour travels in 15 person passenger vans.
- Proficient at programming, operating, and troubleshooting on an ETC Ion
- Proficient with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of Mac Viper Profile’s
- Competent with the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of MIDI show control
- Competent as a carpenter
- Experience with basic rigging techniques
- Experienced with calling a conventional lighting focus
- Astute attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems
- Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise
- Strong organizational and adaptability skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload
- Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations
- Prior experience in providing general direction to a crew
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must pass a background check
- Must have prior touring experience
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 or more years
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have previously toured with a theatrical show
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in theatre
Position runs January 2020 through June 2020 with possible layoffs.
This is a touring position that will require driving.
Weekly rate is $900.00. Travel, accommodations, per-diem and benefits (if eligible) are provided.
January 2, 2020 – May 31, 2020
HOW TO APPLY