Touring Wardrobe Supervisor – Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
- Participate in pre-production, production, and advance calls, as needed
- Participate in and direct/supervise local wardrobe crew during load-in, performances, and load-out
- Manage and assist in quick changes during performances
- Maintain and manage show laundry schedule
- Maintain and manage puppet maintenance
- Preset and track costumes throughout the show
- Execute and advise on solutions for repairs to puppets and costumes
- Assist with prop maintenance
- Maintain a log of all maintenance and troubleshooting done on puppets and costumes, to be shared and discussed during production meetings
- Participate in weekly Production meetings and general tour check-ins
- Lend assistance to other departments when available
- Share in driving responsibilities with touring company. Tour travels in 15 person passenger vans
- Must be proficient as a stitcher and familiar working on a variety of machines
- Must have experience working with a high volume of costumes at one time
- Must have experience working with full body puppets
- Prior experience working with and supervising a local crew under IATSE union regulations.Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
- Astute attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with others.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, and operate in line with proven systems.
- Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
- Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
- Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-energy environment with a demanding workload.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must pass a background check
Higher consideration will be given to candidates with related touring experience of 2 years or more.
Higher consideration will be given to candidates with a background in theatre.
Position runs January 2020 through June 2020 with possible layoffs.
This is a touring position that will require driving.
Weekly rate is $900.00.
Travel, accommodations, per-diem and benefits (if eligible) are provided.
January 2, 2020 – May 31, 2020
HOW TO APPLY