Estimator for Custom Fabrication and Scenery at Showman Fabricators
Bayonne, NJ 07002
As an Estimator at Showman, you will help to determine the costs of constructing and installing unique and one of a kind projects. You could be the first person here to put your eyes on the next sets for shows like the Today Show, Fox News, Broadway’s Moulin Rouge, Jerry Seinfield’s Netflix Special, Shows and attractions for major cruise lines , Sculpture and Art in Madison Square Park, Gummy Bear Trees installed on the Highline, and more!
A good teammate! Along with the Project Management staff, you will generate proposals by gathering designs, complete material take-offs, communicate with various department heads and create final proposal documentation.
Hungry to learn! You are someone who can learn our approach to executing the processes of construction techniques.
A builder! You have taken projects from a materials list to creation.
Deadline driven! You’ll complete project proposals in our very time-sensitive and competitive business.
A creative problem solver! Do materials and how things are made fascinate you! You want to make an impact! We are not looking for a square foot estimator. We could hire a robot, but we want you and your distinct imprint.
Your day to day looks like this-
· Deliver estimates and proposals on time, with supporting documentation
· Analyze drawing and specifications to prepare comprehensive cost estimates
· Generate thorough descriptions of materials and fabrication approach for proposals
· Attend some off-site bid sessions, visit locations and venues when necessary
· Build and maintain long-term relationships with key clients and vendors
· Prepare and review supplier and subcontractor proposals and pricing
· Act as a resource to Project Management to clarify the estimate
· Coordinate communication with clients throughout the estimating process
· Collaborate with project teams on other special initiatives
What you will need to get the job done-
· A willingness and capacity to learn
· Strong communication, decision making, problem-solving, and negotiating skills
· Initiative to coordinate meetings and collaborate with team members
· The ability to pick up and learn the software with ease, like AutoCAD LT, and Estimating Software such as SAGE 100
· Familiarity with architectural drawings, or the ability to learn how to read and interpret designs and renderings
· Estimating or fabrication experience using a broad range of materials and techniques
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
October 28, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY PHONE
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016e-04a6-d314-a3ef-ffe7a3d30000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.