The Sheen Center for Thought and Culture
New York, NY 10012
The Management Internship at the Sheen Center is a paid internship designed to give early-career individuals who are interested in general management and arts administration the opportunity to work directly with professionals in the field. The program provides experiential learning through meaningful tasks in various areas of non-profit Arts management. The Sheen internship offers insight into future career paths, opportunities to develop a professional network, and work that provides marketable skills for jobs in the industry.
Main Duties: Duties will vary depending on departmental assignments. A typical internship in management includes opportunities to draft contracts with artists, speakers, curators, etc., maintain necessary correspondence related to contracts, prepare financial reports and participate in the creation and review of theatrical and project-specific budgets. Interns will also have an opportunity to attend production and programming meetings to observe the inter-relatedness of various departments at the Sheen Center.
Reports To: Managing Director
· Prepare event contracts and engage with artists to collect key paperwork.
· Book travel for artists, speakers and designers as needed.
· Prepare and review budgets for specific events, festivals.
· Assist Managing Director on numerous finance reports.
· Work and gain fluency within our ticketing, concessions and scheduling software.
· Cover the front desk during staff meetings and other times as needed
· Issue donor recognition letters and assist with other donor correspondence.
· Research potential funding partners and individual donors.
· Work closely with marketing/communications on the preparation of annual reports and other collateral used by Development.
· Assist with the planning and execution of various special events.
Education and Experience:
Internships candidates have either recently graduated from a college/university/graduate school program or are currently enrolled and nearing completion of a degree. Early career individuals or those looking to change direction within the Arts are also encouraged to apply.
Qualities we are looking for include a passion for the Arts, curiosity, a hunger to learn and the ability to do organized, accurate work.
All Intern positions will work approximately 25 hours per week. Interns will receive bi-weekly compensation, and are paid on an hourly basis, currently set at $15/hour.
The Sheen Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
January 6, 2020 – May 29, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016d-fa53-dd51-a5fd-fe77034f0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.