Technical Assistant-SVA Theatre
School of Visual Arts
New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Technical Assistant
Department :SVA Theatre
Reports to: Technical Director & Assistant Technical Directors, SVA Theatre
Technical Assistants are part-time/temporary employees who help execute the technical requirements for events at SVA Theatre including, but not limited to, those involving film/video projection, video camera operation/recording, lighting, and audio. Reporting to and acting in support of the Technical Director and Assistant Technical Directors of SVA Theatre, they will be responsible for executing audio/visual requirements during events.
You are welcome to apply whether you are experienced with one type of technology (e.g., projection) or multiple types.
Technical Assistants work an average of 6-25 hours/week, and can work up to a maximum of 40 hours/week. SVA Theatre cannot guarantee a set amount of hours per week or month.
SVA Theatre (svatheatre.com) is the cultural center of New York’s artistically-vibrant Chelsea neighborhood. The Theatre serves the School of Visual Arts (sva.edu), the arts and entertainment industries, and the community at large as a stage for the presentation of noteworthy artistic work. From film screenings to artist lectures to design conferences and more, SVA Theatre hosts a variety of events year-round, many of which are free and open to the public.
Starting salary is $30/hour. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Operate audio, lighting, and/or film/video equipment during events, which include film screenings/premieres, film festivals, lectures, conferences, presentations, etc.
– Experience with operating theatrical/cinematic technology and equipment (digital and/or film projection), PA/audio systems (including mixing live sound), and/or video camera equipment is essential. In lieu of actual work experience, we will consider candidates who have educational certificates or degrees in the aforementioned categories.
– The ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and remain calm in high-pressure situations.
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
– Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask/prioritize.
– The ability to work unsupervised as needed and to make time-sensitive decisions.
– Comfort with the use of Google Apps and Apple products.
– Must be able to work in tight spaces.
– Good availability to work events that last minimally 5-6 hours, on weekdays and weekends, during the day and in the evening.
– Personable, friendly, and helpful – a team player with a positive attitude.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016d-e086-d289-abff-ebf796230000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.