Development Operations Assistant
Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Development Operations Assistant. For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway’s restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The Assistant will:
· Handle gift entry for Development and complete related Tessitura updates.
· Monitor stock gift inbox.
· Administrate gift renewals and gift acknowledgments. This includes merging, cleaning, and printing letters; communicating with the mail house; sending payment reminders; coordinating matching gifts and arranging for notes on seats to donors.
· Build and update Tessitura records.
· Run simple Tessitura reports, as directed.
· Manage beginning of season calendar/mailing.
· Reseat donors day-of performance.
· 1-2 years of relevant experience.
· Strong facility for data accuracy and attention to detail a must.
· Familiarity with development database software and operations at a not-for-profit organization. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
· Excellent administrative, communication, and computer skills (particularly Word and Excel) are required.
· Ability to take initiative, be flexible, multitask, and work well independently and with a team.
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, employer-funded pension, paid time off and optional 401(K) and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependant care and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more about MTC, visit www.manhattantheatreclub.com
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.