Associate, Special Events
New York, NY 10019
Carnegie Hall seeks an Associate in the Special Events Department. The Associate is an integral member of a five-person team to help produce approximately four large-scale fundraisers, raise substantial donations for Carnegie Hall’s artistic and education programs, and plan approximately 40 cultivation events throughout the season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Developing the special event’s production calendar
– Strategic marketing for each event
– Writing solicitation collateral (trustee announcement email, invitation letters, invitation copy, personalized notes to prospects, etc.)
– Generating extractions for solicitation mailings; researching, managing, and promoting mailing lists in Tessitura
– Integrating Special Events within Carnegie Hall larger collateral materials (subscription brochure, season guide, annual report, etc.)
In addition, the Associate is responsible for creation and management of gala print materials (save the dates, reservation forms, invitation, menu cards, table numbers, event programs, Playbill listings, etc.), as well as the electronic event related materials (event webpage, online flows, email blasts, photo slideshows, and social media). The Associate will also work with the Senior Manager on concert ticketing for the galas, as well as assist with the planning of cultivation events throughout the season.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 2 years of professional experience in fundraising, preferably in events and/or non-profit organization
– Superior writing, editing, and interpersonal communications are essential
– Great communication skills and ability to liaise internally across all departments
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, understand how to prioritize workload, and be detailed
– Oriented in a fast-paced work environment
– Computer and database experience including mail merges in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and knowledge of non-profit software such as Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge a major plus
– Some evening and weekend hours required
To apply this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to humanresources…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.