Special Events Associate
American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full Time/Regular/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Events
SALARY: DOE + Benefits
The Special Events Associate provides support in all areas of special events to achieve the fundraising goals and objectives of A.C.T.’s Development department. Specific efforts include assistance with fulfillment events and management of Opening Night dinners, facilitating acknowledgments for fundraising events, coordination of donor fulfillment/cultivation events, report generation, response to marketing requests, and any other activities, assigned or otherwise, that contribute to the attainment of the department’s annual fundraising goal. The Special Events Associate will also work closely with the Director of Development in planning and facilitating annual theater trips (New York City; Ashland, Oregon; Dublin or London) and may attend trips with her.
This position reports to the Director of Special Events, and also works closely with the Individual Giving team to assure attainment of individual area and departmental goals.
· Assist the Director of Special Events with the coordination of all fundraising, donor cultivation and fulfillment events.
· Respond to requests for information from staff, donors, and vendors.
· Track and ensure accuracy of donor acknowledgments as they pertain to event underwriting and table/ticket and journal ad purchases.
· Achieve proficiency with database and events modules and promote best practices.
· Keep accurate record of all event purchases and contributions.
· Manage sponsorship tracking process for all events.
· Prepare and oversee processes for event invitations and special events mailings.
· Accurately maintain database records and reports for special events, including responses, seating, dietary restrictions and event dates
· Liaise with vendors, A.C.T. staff, donors, and volunteers on special events operations.
· Assist will coordinating on and off-site events, including catering, décor, printed collateral, operations, staffing, and volunteer management.
· Attend committee meetings related to special events; create and distribute materials and minutes.
· Miscellaneous special events tasks, including preparing materials for internal and external meetings, processing check requests, invoices and expense reports, accounts payable, reporting, filing, answering phones, and other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1-2 years Special Events experience
· Experience working with volunteers in planning and executing successful benefits/fundraising events
· Maintain regular office hours, and a willingness to work evenings and weekends, as required; travel may also be requested
· Strong computer aptitude; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with donor database management, ideally with Tessatura.
The successful candidate will embrace the essential components of a strong team: open communication, trust, respect, loyalty, and shared vision. Additionally, they will have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to handle a multitude of details simultaneously in a timely and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- The desire to help others and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with high-level donors and patrons
- A professional, polished appearance and comportment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills; attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and a good sense of humor
Send cover letter including salary requirements and resume to Special Events Associate Search at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open till filled.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. To learn more about A.C.T., visit our website at www.act-sf.org. No calls, please. EOE.
Diversity makes us stronger. A.C.T. is committed to diversity in its programming and creating an inclusive work culture and environment that is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to hr…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.