Communications & Outreach Intern
RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hardworking team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Communications & Outreach Intern to support RWS’ marketing and casting initiatives.
About the role…
Reporting to both the Marketing and Casting Departments, the Communications & Outreach Intern will assist in creating and managing content across all platforms. As an intern within our Marketing & Casting teams, you will help produce original outreach for social media, assuring the highest quality and creativity for day-to-day content creation. Additionally, you will assist with various marketing team initiatives as assigned.
- Play an active role in the research, planning, creation and development of strategic content for social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube.
- Curate, develop and program content for outreach across all RWS-owned social media channels.
- Manage and organize flow of content from various departments and programs.
- Assist and develop projects to increase brand presence and awareness.
- Compose social copy that follows brand voice guidelines.
- Research opportunities for extending our reach and adding valuable content.
- Monitor brand sites, content performance, comments, and online “chatter.”
- Share ideas and display creativity in outreach and public relations efforts.
- Analyze results to ensure that insights are integrated into current and future strategies, as well as develop frameworks to help refine our strategies.
- Attend weekly meetings and contribute to marketing efforts for RWS and its clients as needed.
- Facilitate independent projects as assigned.
- Attend live events and post in real time as needed.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- A passion for everything social media and communications with an eye towards “what’s next”
- Unmatched organizational and planning skills
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Proficiency with analytics, content management platforms such as Hootsuite, as well as sourcing, managing and publishing content on various platforms
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- Creativity and motivation, along with knowledge and experience in the digital space
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent time management abilities
- Basic photography, video and/or graphic design skills a plus
- Work three (3) full business days per week
- Office hours are 9am-5pm
- Stipend with MetroCard OR college credits available
- Starting on October 7, 2019
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY