Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
Second Stage Theater is seeking a seasonal, part-time Finance Intern who is detail-oriented, and highly energetic to support the work of the Finance Department. Working closely with the members of the Finance Team, he/she will gain exposure to the day-to-day operations and finances of a nonprofit theatre, including transitioning to new payroll and accounting systems.
About Second Stage
Second Stage produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Through the discovery of emerging talent, the commissioning of new work, and the creation of a training base for directors, Second Stage reflects the diverse city and the world we live in today and reaches an ever-growing audience through its Broadway runs, national tours and regional productions.
Responsibilities of the Finance Intern include:
- Maintain Accounts Payable files and ensure proper backup is provided.
- Handle and posting of Accounts payable.
- Process revenue and daily deposits, ensuring proper coding.
- Assist with reconciling general ledger accounts and/or bank statements.
- Review pledges receivable to identify accounts in need of follow-up.
- Maintain and update various forms, documents, files and records.
- Assist in the coding of credit card transactions.
- Administrative duties for the Finance Department to include sorting and mailing of checks.
- Other bookkeeping and finance tasks as needed.
This internship is the ideal experience for someone looking into a career in accounting, finance or administration in the non-profit sector. Coursework or a degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business/Theatre Management is encouraged, but not necessary. Exemplary written/oral communication skills, strict attention to detail and discretion. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is preferred.
All internships are paid at $15 per hour. Interns are expected to work up to 20 hours a week. This is a seasonal position from September 2019 – December 2019.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Finance Intern’ in the subject line. No phone calls.
Second Stage Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.