Soprano for a new opera
Voice Afire Opera-Cabaret
New YORK, NY 10033
A Doll’s House is a new 3 act opera, based on the play by Henrik Ibsen. There will be 2 performances, in concert and on-book: March 13, 2020 at The National Opera Center in New York City and March 15 at Symphony Space.
Written for 6 singers and 2 keyboards, Voice Afire Opera-Cabaret is auditioning for a soprano to sing the lead role: Nora. The role requires a dramatic soprano, preferably with experience in contemporary opera and with excellent English diction.
- there will be 2 performances, in concert and on-book:
- March 13, 2020 7:00pm at The National Opera Center and March 15 2:00 pm at Symphony Space.
- You would need to be available March 2 thru 6 and March 10 thru 13 for daytime rehearsals at The National Opera Center
- There will also be rehearsals TBA before and after Christmas
- The fee is 2000.00
About rehearsals before and after Christmas.
- These will be To Be Arranged.
- Our pianist teaches at Juilliard. We will have a session with her to find TBA rehearsal dates and times.
- We plan 25 hours of rehearsal before and 25 hours after Christmas.
Nota bene: your role as Nora is not in all scenes. You would be needed for about 16-18 hours of the 25 hour TBA rehearsal schedule
November 5, 2019 – March 15, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016d-314a-da9c-a97d-73da6e780000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.