Development, Communications & Management Assistant
The 52nd Street Project
New York, NY 10019
The 52nd Street Project, a global leader in young people’s theater and community-based arts programs, seeks a motivated and meticulous Development, Communications & Management Assistant that reports to the Executive Director, and the Directors of Institutional Advancement and Development Director. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a strong communicator with excellent writing and organizational skills, and has an appreciation of the Project’s programming and youth development principles, and a strong affinity for its mission.
The 52nd Street Project is committed to diversity at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
The position offers many rewards, including the chance to work with an extremely successful non-profit community-based arts organization; becoming part of a talented and intimate community of artists and educators; and serving the wonderful and vibrant – but underserved – youth of Hell’s Kitchen.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Executive Director with administrative tasks such as: processing, bills, deposits and invoices, communicating with outsourced Finance Department on all of these matters; tracking staff expenses and receipts; completing annual audit requests
- Support Marketing & Development Department with:
- Grant Research
- Individual, Foundation, Corporate, & Government
- Database Management
- Gift entry & acknowledgments
- Mailing list maintenance and appeals using Mailchimp and Patron Manager
- Qualifying donations & tickets
- Production Marketing
- Inviting funders and underwriters to shows
- Website & ticket platform listings
- Online promotions
- Social Media Content Creation
- YouTube videos/Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
- Event support
- Assisting with concessions at some Project performances
- Organizational archiving
- 1-2 years of experience within a professional administrative setting, strong preference for those with a background in non-profit, arts, and/or education
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Meticulous attention to details
- Strong judgement and ability to interact with high-profile individuals
- Comfort working autonomously and taking initiative
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for event & performance related support
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits Included. To apply please email cover letter, resume and two references to email@example.com with the subject line Development, Communications & Management Assistant. Questions about the The 52nd Street Project or the position are welcome, and may be addressed to Carol Ochs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 4, 2019 –
Commensurate with Experience
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to cochs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.