Events & Production Associate
American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
SALARY: $20/hr + Benefits
Scope: American Conservatory Theater (LORT A) seeks an Events & Production Associate with a particular focus on coordinating the technical and production logistics of events and rentals. Reporting to the DOP, this position oversees & manages the execution of production elements for all Events and Rentals at A.C.T. We are looking for a self-starter and a creative problem solver, someone who has excellent technical & communication skills, thrives in a team atmosphere and is articulate and imaginative.
• Serve as primary Production Manager for all Events and Rentals across all of A.C.T.’s venues.
• Be a self-starter and work with other key stakeholders at A.C.T. to develop a production strategy around A.C.T’s approach to events and rentals.
• Create and distribute production paperwork including GP and Section drafts, bid packages, line-set schedules, street-parking permits, production summaries, budgets and schedules for all events and rentals as required.
• Hire & supervise both union and non-union production staff / crews throughout the A.C.T. campus as needed for event and rental coverage.
• Read and maintain a good understanding of all relevant union contracts. Including IATSE Local 16, Wardrobe Local 784, USA Designers, AEA Stage Managers, AFM Musicians.
• Take the lead on and work with the DOP in the creation and the implementation of new policies and procedures relating to Events and Rentals to improve efficiency for the ongoing operations and mission fulfillment of A.C.T.
• Assist the DOP in the management of personnel safety and uphold safety policies and protocols within the department. Institute and uphold all required health & safety training.
• Create budget estimates, financial projections and develop staff planning as needed for all events and rentals at A.C.T.
• Attend weekly events/rentals meeting and weekly scheduling meeting to stay current with event and rental programming.
• Update DOP on upcoming event/rental programs, logistics and staffing needs. Work with DOP to assign additional production management staff to events/rentals as needed.
• Field event and rental enquiries; Feedback on logistics, schedules and budgets to help stakeholders determine organizational capacity and programming needs.
• Collaborate with the production department, workshop heads, and heads of technical departments to help foster an efficient, friendly and positive working culture.
• Assist the production team with mainstage shows and conservatory shows as needed
• Typical week will be Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with an hour walk away lunch, but some weekend and evening work will be required.
• Other production department duties as assigned
• A BA/BFA in theatre or equivalent professional experience (3-5 years) in production management or technical direction
• Strong technical experience; particularly in the areas of lighting, sound and video.
• Experience & Proficiency in CAD drafting (AutoCAD/Vectorworks). Experience in solving complicated technical and logistical problems.
• Experience in managing budgets and expenditures.
• Advanced knowledge of theatre procedures and practices, especially in the production department.
• Willingness to work on an irregular schedule, including overtime as needed.
• Excellent oral, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent work ethic and ability to work well in a team.
• Strong computer skills a must. Proficiency on PC and/or MAC using Microsoft Office.
• Valid Driver’s License and a clean DMV report required.
• This position is physical and occasionally requires the ability to lift at least 35lbs.
Send cover letter and resume to Events & Production Associate Search at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Position available immediately. Open till filled.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. To learn more about A.C.T., visit our website at www.act-sf.org. No calls, please. EOE.
Diversity makes us stronger. A.C.T. is committed to diversity in its programming and creating an inclusive work culture and environment that is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to hr…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.