Communications and Events Manager
New York, NY 10011
Pier55, a non-profit park and arts organization located in Hudson River Park and slated to open in May 2021, is seeking an experienced Communications and Events Manager to join the team. This position is responsible for implementing the strategy and tactics of the park’s public identity and messaging, under the direction and supervision of the External Relations Director. This position also manages all day-to-day needs for various forms of digital and physical communication, and may also serve as a public liaison for the park with media, civic and community leaders and artists/arts organizations.
• In collaboration with the External Relations Director, create and execute comprehensive strategies for all digital communication
• Plan, produce and execute all public-facing promotional events, including but not limited to: construction site tours, receptions for public presentations, and media events
• Coordinate with Pier55’s public relations firm to ensure that they have all necessary internal information and updates and/or support PR efforts with media relations • Maintain Pier55’s database and input all new relevant contacts; manage database in service to external communication to various constituencies; manage all e-communication on behalf of the organization
• Manage all video content and photography and create/maintain a detailed organizational system for all visual assets; coordinate all needs with videographer, graphic designer and photographer and manage schedules and deadlines required to complete work on time and on budget
• Maintain and update Pier55’s website
• 5-7 years’ experience in PR and/or marketing
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must have excellent, demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Expertise in all social media platforms , digital advertising and SEO
• An analytical mind with experience building brand awareness and determining target audiences
• Deep interest in and/or experience working in the arts or public space
• An adept project manager who can work both collaboratively and independently
• A flexible, responsive learner who is technologically savvy and able to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
• Some graphic design and/or web development experience ideal Benefits
• Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) • 15 days vacation, 5 sick, 3 personal days
• Medical, dental & vision care
• Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
Pier55 is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, October 11.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.