Scenic Staff (Various Positions – Carpentry, Paint, Props, etc.)
New York, NY
V57 is a new venue in midtown Manhattan that integrates nightlife, magic, immersive theater, and seamless service and hospitality.
We are seeking scenic staff to complete the buildout of our cocktail bar space. Hiring immediately for shifts through October. All positions are non-union. Competitive hourly wage.
To apply, please submit resume/past work to [email protected] Please indicate the position(s) you’re applying for and your availability for September and October.
– Lead all core woodwork, working with a wide variety of materials to create cabinets, shelving, scenic beam structures, bartops.
– Responsible for all built, foundational, wood fabrication items in the space.
– Help assemble and manage carpenter team.
– Responsible for all painting and surface treatments, including furniture distressing and detailing.
– Must be able to mimic various decorative styles as outlined by the creative team.
– Should be comfortable working with multiple materials (e.g. gilding and gold leaf, staining and distressing wood, distressing soft goods, fine detailing).
– Help assemble, manage, and instruct scenic team.
– Work under master carpenter to complete all woodwork elements.
– Work under scenic charge to complete all painting and surface treatments.
DRAPERY & UPHOLSTERY TEAM
– Work with soft goods – adding trim, creating fullness, adding ties, etc.
– Reupholster chairs, couches, pillows, etc.
– Work with Art Director to repurpose and adapt existing pieces to create “sacred objects.”
– Create and alter existing chandeliers using crystal, feathers, and other materials as designated.
ANCILLARY CONSTRUCTION & DETAIL TEAM
– Work with Art Director to implement decor ideas outside of carpentry and painting, such as wallpaper, changing out drop ceiling, attaching more ceiling tiles, applying molding and trim.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in performing arts administration are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. This is an Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to v57jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.