New York, NY 10019
V57 is a new cocktail bar that integrates magic, theater, and seamless service that focuses on high-end clientele. Due to the highly theatrical nature of this venue, the Service Coordinator role combines the theatrical position of a stage manager with the responsibilities of an F&B service director.
The Service Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of the service and theatrical standards of the bar, developing and operating a system which produces high-quality service and beverages. This individual will be responsible for formulating and monitoring service department goals, directing nightly service, supervising the room and/or private event execution, and ensuring each one of our guests has a memorable experience. The Service Coordinator will maintain knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures, and work to continuously build a high-performance team.
The Service Coordinator will work with the creative team to develop and incorporate theatrical and magical elements into service. The Service Coordinator will work with the reservations team to create unique and specific experiences for our guests.
- Ensure the standards and practices of service at the venue.
- Daily Service
- Maintains the integrity of service and ensures excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors throughout each day’s service
- Works with the guest relations team to cultivate personalized and VIP experiences as needed
- Maintains effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members
- Works with the bar manager and beverage director to maintain quality control of drinks and menu as it relates to service moments
- Researches and memorizes scripts and background information on the production itself, and distribute to staff as needed.
- Assists creative team in overseeing technical run-throughs directly prior to a performance.
- Assists in setting up props and other items for service.
- Ensures that all servers are prepared for service.
- Works with various departments (costumes, magic, lighting, etc) to ensure all elements are executed on time and appropriately during service.
- Provides stage directions and cues to servers during training and services as necessary.
- Continuously provides support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
- Addresses and resolves any technical difficulties during training and service.
- Maintains log of daily rehearsal activity, run of show changes, and official services.
- Maintain service standards for all front of house positions
- Develop, update and adhere to a Training Manual & Cycle of Service Systems for all service staff that defines and articulates clear technical and social standards for service for all positions
- Develop and train Front of House positions on key service-based theatrical and magic elements with creative team.
- Assists creative team/director in reviewing audition material for service hires
- Appropriately and effectively schedule all service and support team staff according to team and business needs.
- Contacts understudies in the event that a primary service member is sick or injured.
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in)
- Posts servers and crew lists.
- Reports logistical problems to the director or producer.
- Must have leadership background, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have a passion for hospitality and understand what it means to deliver a great guest experience
- Strong understanding of front of house restaurant operations, customer service, steps of service, as well as beverage, health and sanitation requirements
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team and ensure service standards are consistently met
- Must be familiar with theatre and magic elements
- Must be technology savvy and familiar with POS and CRM systems
- Theater stage management experience.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with “Service Coordinator” in the subject line.
October 1, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.