Manhattan School of Music
New York, NY 10027
· Perform work for load-ins, strikes, rehearsals, classes, concerts and other performances as a general stagehand and/or electrician.
· MSM’s stagehands are non-departmental, and work calls in all MSM venues, from a fully rigged proscenium theatre to smaller orchestra rehearsal spaces. Crew members may be asked to perform work in the areas of lighting, sound, carpentry, properties, and more within the same shift as appropriate based on experience and ability.
· Part-Time Stagehands do not have a fixed schedule or guaranteed hours. Crew schedules are posted to the full crew roster three weeks out; stagehands request shifts and then are assigned to shifts. Shifts have a 4-hour minimum, and occur during evenings, weekends, and daytime hours as needed.
· Work is covered by a CBA with IATSE Local 1. Rate is $24.27/hour.
· Experience as a theatrical stagehand.
· Knowledge of safe practices and common theatrical conventions preferred.
· Familiarity with ETC lighting consoles, basic A/V systems, traditional orchestral, jazz, and contemporary musical performance practices and equipment preferred.
· Professional demeanor, superior communication skills, comfort in high-pressure situations, adaptable, solution- oriented and skilled in collaboration.
· Willingness to provide a safe and professional performance environment to all members of the MSM community, including Students, Faculty, Staff, and Patrons, while supporting the goals of the school and maintaining and preserving the physical integrity of the performance venues.
Send letter of application and résumé including references with subject line “Part Time Stagehand” to:
Equal employment and equal educational opportunity have been and will continue to be fundamental principles at Manhattan School of Music, where employment and enrollment are based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to productioncrew…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.