Entertainment Operations Assistant
Miami, FL 33324
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about the operational flow of the Entertainment Crew.
This ‘someone’ will ensure that ship doesn’t get rocky for the Entertainment Crew & that they have all of the necessary tools they need to be successful. Up for the challenge?! … Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
· Lead the operation and data entry of the Virgin Voyages digital scheduling tool of events and work hours
· Be the point person for ordering all department supplies and equipment
· Support the Entertainment Director and the Entertainment Management team as directed
· Work cross-departmentally to better the operational flow of the overall experience to action scheduling
and experience adjustments
· Action all scheduling adjustments in collaboration with the onboard and shoreside entertainment and experience teams
· Ensure accurate work hours for entertainment crew for auditing purposes
· Assist with dynamically managing happenings, parties and music programming based on sailor behavior by
supporting any adjustment of event flow and staffing in the moment
· Attend entertainment company meetings and attend additional meetings, as needed
· Oversee all digital communication between entertainment management and the broader team
· Work with the shoreside team to implement additional programming for charters, holiday parties,
and special events
· Assist the Box Office Manager with show and event seating
· Experience working onboard a cruise ship is required
· Administrative experience, whether at land or at sea, in an office setting is required
· Stage management, company or production management experience highly preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital to liaise with a range of people
· Expert ability to learn new software and work with digital tools
· Expert knowledge of theatrical/event jobs and entertainment industry terminology
· Rock solid coordination, admin and organization skills
· Resilience for changing priorities and timelines
· Easily interact with sailors and crew on a personal level
· A self-starter, who can roll up their sleeves and make ship happen with little supervision
· Great energy and attitude of optimism
· Ability to move mountains without relying on others to do the heavy lifting
· Bachelor’s degree in production, theater or management preferred
· Knowledge and experience in using key business tools (MS Office, Google, Apps, etc.)
· Work experience outside of the United States, in cross cultural settings, preferred
· Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
Virgin Voyages is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to entertainmentgigs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.