Seeking New Short Plays and Musicals for 3rd Annual Playwright’s Festival
The Little Victory Theatre
Staten Island, NY 10314
The Little Victory Theatre on Staten Island is proud to present…
The 3rd Annual Playwright’s Festival
November 8th through 10th 2019
The Festival Runs:
November 8th at 8:00 PM
November 9th at 8:00 PM
November 10th at 2:00 PM
FESTIVAL RULES/ GUIDELINES:
1. All plays or musicals MUST be 20 minutes or less (or a 20-minute cut of a full length play or musical)
2. Plays or musicals may be presented fully-staged or as a reading.
3. Playwright is responsible for hiring Director, Actors, and Stage Manager.
4. All plays or musicals MUST be rehearsed and stage ready in time for technical rehearsals (typically 3 days prior to opening)
5. If your play or musical is accepted in the festival, there is a one-time entrance fee of $30.00 that can be paid to the Little Victory Theatre in Cash or Check.
6. You are free to use stock Props and Scenic pieces.
7. You will get two rehearsals onstage prior to your performance.
8. Each production will receive a split of 40% of the proceeds on the night your play performs.
9. For musical productions, you MUST provide your own piano or accompaniment tracks. Pianos can be plugged into the house sound system in the booth.
Please e-mail a copy of your play or musical (and 2 song samples if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL SUBMISSION
Please also include your name and a contact phone number
Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis!
Accepted plays will be notified VIA e-mail.
Please no calls to the theatre.
Submissions are due by October 20th
Acceptances will be notified by October 23rd
August 12, 2019 – November 10, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to littlevictory16…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.