Program Coordinator – National Theater Institute
Eugene O’Neill Theater Center
Waterford, CT 06385
The National Theater Institute Program Coordinator is a key member of the National Theater Institute administration. The Program Coordinator supports and collaborates with the Artistic Director administrating all programs and works in collaboration with the Schedule & Production Manager, Director of College Relations, NMTI Artisitic Associate and NTI Apprentices on the day-to-day logistics of NTI.
- Interested in undergraduate and postgraduate theater education and facilitating a strong, equitable educational environment.
- An organized, creative, compassionate, efficient team player with a genuine interest and demonstrated background in theater, higher education, and/or arts management.
- A juggler of multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines and working well under pressure, a collaborator as well as someone who enjoys working independently
- Able to efficiently manage a wide-range of tasks with accuracy, grace, and humor.
- Discrete, and able to handle sensitive information and situations with reliability, maturity, and confidence.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and meaningful follow-up.
- Able to spot opportunities to make a positive difference.
- A solution-finder, with the ability to calmly and efficiently problem solve or seek assistance.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator and an effective collaborator.
- A strong manager of time, with the ability to deftly handle tasks both insane and mundane.
- Upbeat with a “let’s-do-this” attitude regardless of situation or hours remaining in the day.
- Willing to take a walk around campus and chat with students and faculty.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, and Google Docs/Drive.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Primary NTI phone and email communications with a commitment to sharing information
- Support the Artistic Director’s daily schedule (classes, commitments, interviews, meetings, trips etc.) as well as administrative support (expense reports, travel, etc.)
- Leading NTI check-in/check-out days as well as assisting on special events
- Communication from NTI to other departments ( i.e. housekeeping, events)
- Coordinate the hiring of four NTI Apprentices each year with the Artistic Director, and the Schedule & Production Manager. Provide daily support and co-supervision throughout their apprenticeships.
- Collect and distribute pre-semester assignments, and assist in updating handbooks
- Student health needs (i.e. coordinate doctor’s appointments, pharmacy trips, etc)
- Communicate with parents and guardians of students on campus.
- Process grades for submission to Connecticut College
- Collect student and program evaluations in a form that is readable by others
- Help to research and coordinate administrative policies and best practices
- Booking travel and housing-always searching for the best pricing and routes (regular bookings for faculty and student trips)
- Generate, distribute, collect, and file faculty letters of agreement and forms
- Process bi-weekly compensation for NTI faculty in conjunction with the Business Office
- Share responsibility as an emergency contact for students
- Prepare monthly expense reports
- Daily awareness and support of all programs required, must be able to respond to and prioritize needs while classes are in session.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required throughout the semester
- Company Management type duties while students are on campus
- Point of contact for on campus counselors
- Organize theater trips to the city (i.e. booking tickets, arranging travel, etc.)
- With help from NTI AD and NMTI Artistic Associate organize and book residencies in both New York and London. Booking housing and travel for residencies (i.e. booking tickets, arranging pick-ups, and securing housing)
- Assist with planning Humana Festival trip for APs in Spring Semesters
- Oversee and coordinate on call schedule for all O’Neill Center Apprentices
- Travel with students on semester trips as a chaperone (New York day trips, residencies, etc.)
- Maintain overall knowledge of semester needs
For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “NTI Program Coordinator;” in the subject line. Salary low-40s, plus benefits and generous paid time off; EOE.
August 1, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.