Associate Production Manager
The New 42nd Street / New Victory Theater
New York, NY 10036
The New 42nd Street, a prominent New York City non-profit cultural organization, is seeking a full-time Associate Production Manager to join the production department working on an annual season of national/international work in the historic New Victory Theater. Dedicated to presenting high quality performing arts productions at affordable ticket prices, The New Victory is New York City’s first and only full-time performing arts theater for kids and families, students and teachers.
The Associate Production Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Production department. With the Director of Production, the Associate Production Manager develops departmental and season budgets. The Associate Production Manager serves as the departmental communications center for all inter- and intra-departmental communications and keeps discussions and timelines moving for New Victory presentations and events. The position requires occasional night, weekend, and holiday work around the New Victory production schedule.
· Assist with the creation of departmental, show and special event budgets; oversee the processing of all production crew payroll; maintain departmental and show budgets and distribute budgetary information internally as required; manage all show/departmental/season financial reporting/closes.
· Facilitate, manage and foster interdepartmental communications; manage communications between all visiting companies and New 42 production staff; update show/season production tracking.
· Help to actively manage New Victory productions, LabWorks, special events, public engagement activities and rentals as assigned to maintain schedule and budget.
· Participate in contracting of additional production show staff and designers.
· Assist with arranging purchases/rentals of production elements for New Victory presentations.
· Help to create, maintain and distribute all departmental calendars and schedules.
· Supervise and mentor part-time production accounting assistant.
· Deputize for Director, Managers and Production Coordinator as required.
· Maintain all departmental files, both digital and hard copy; distribute same as required.
· Assist with CAD/Vectorworks Drafting as assigned.
· Assist Director in establishing and maintaining departmental standards and practices.
· Be professional in all interactions; foster communications within the department and organization; and take an active role in the safety of co-workers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Theater Production or Theater Administration-related area, or combination of education and equivalent professional experience.
· 2-4 years (3-5 with Associates degree) of Production Management, Stage Management, Theater Administration, or similar experience in a professional production/entertainment environment.
· Technical knowledge of basic stagecraft to include audio, lighting, rigging, video, and scenery desired.
· Experience working with multiple art forms on a wide range of production scale desired.
· Excellent administration, communication, organization, fiscal and computer skills; must be proficient with Google GSuite, MS Office Suite; familiarity with Vectorworks or AutoCAD desired.
· Excellent record in supporting colleagues and other professionals.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits. Please email cover letter, resume with references, and salary history to [email protected] Please indicate “Associate Production Manager Search” in the subject.
No phone calls, please. EOE.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to production…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.