Casting Director / Line Producer
Washington, DC 20024
Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater, a national center for the production, presentation, development and study of American Theater, seeks candidates for its Casting Director / Line Producer position.
KEY FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Oversee all aspects of casting for all Arena Stage productions, workshops, and readings, including budgeting, casting projections, scouting, contracting and supervising external casting directors as needed, auditions, reference checks, and offers. Out-of-town travel is required.
· Line produce readings, workshops, special programs, and productions, representing the Artistic Development department at meet and greets, design runs, on stage rehearsals, tech, production meetings, invited dress rehearsals, previews and at other times in the production process as needed. Some evening and weekend work hours are required.
· Collaborate on the season planning process as a member of the artistic team.
· Interview, train and supervise casting fellows and interns.
· Build and maintain relationships with actors, agents, and other casting directors.
· Serve as a spokesperson for the artistic team internally and externally on artistic matters, at the direction of the Artistic Director and Deputy Artistic Director.
· Work collaboratively across departments and with creative teams.
· A keen eye for artistic talent and potential.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
· Self-motivated work ethic, ability to follow up/follow through, multi-task, adapt to rapidly changing conditions, and thrive under pressure.
- Must possess clear and considerate interpersonal communication skills and know how to exercise discretion with sensitive information.
- Awareness and understanding of the national and local field of professional theatre; with existing relationships and experience with artists from throughout the U.S.
- Familiarity with the LORT/AEA agreements.
- A working knowledge of the DC talent pool and New York casting companies is preferred but not mandatory.
- Budgeting experience is preferred.
- Experience supervising staff or interns is a plus.
· Ability to work well with a variety of people and departments
· Ability to work without supervision
· Connection to and passion for the mission of Arena Stage.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: B.A. and minimum two years of related professional experience in casting, producing and/or administration for a large professional theater.
Arena Stage values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY