Company Manager (Hayes Theater)
Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
The Second Stage Theater General Management department is seeking a full time, seasonal Company Manager for the Hayes Theater on Broadway. The Company Manager will support all administrative activities for 2ST productions.
Second Stage Theater produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Through the discovery of emerging talent, the commissioning of new work, and the creation of a training base for directors, Second Stage reflects the diverse city and the world we live in today and reaches an ever‐growing audience through its Broadway runs, national tours and regional productions. Second Stage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and strongly encourages all interested parties to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Primary and immediate representative of President & Artistic Director and General Manager to cast, crew, musicians and creative team. Liaison between departments at 2ST such as Development, Marketing, and the press office.
· Support General Management department in tracking, drafting, negotiating, executing, and filing actor contracts
· Working with Associate General Manager, track fees and royalty payments for designers, assistants, playwrights, and directors
· Maintain contact information for agents, cast, directors, designers, and other creative team members
· Process new-hire paperwork and weekly payroll for company members
· Track and manage Company Management and payroll lines within the Production budget
· Processing of invoices for Accounts Payable
· Arrange travel and temporary local housing for out of town artists
· Oversight of child guardians and tutors for child performers
· Arrange meet & greets, closing toasts, and other company events
· Create/gather copy for Playbill, circulating for approval and maintaining bi-weekly updates
· Obtain and distribute Opening Night Gifts
· Manage transportation arrangements for cast to various functions
· Manage company/house ticket requests including comp reconciliation reports
· Monitors box office activity and institutional ticketing needs
· Manage Tony Voter ticketing and other requirements related to the Tony Awards
· Manage general production concierge requirements
· Cover all performances during the run at the Hayes Theater
· Additional duties as assigned
Key Abilities and Qualifications:
· Attention to detail, a positive spirit, and a sense of humor
· Ability to problem-solve and facilitate solutions to issues
· Ability to work productively under time pressures and meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently and exercise excellent decision making skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office is required
· Experience with Tessitura is helpful
· Previous experience working within LORT SDC, AEA, USA collective bargaining agreements preferred
· Experience with IATSE, Local 764, Local 751, and AFM desired
· At least 2-3 years of Company Management experience is required; company management experience on Broadway is strongly desired
This is a union position and offers competitive salary and benefits as covered by an ATPAM contract. Tuesday – Sunday with evenings and weekends “show schedule” is required. Generous benefit package including health/dental insurance, paid time off, Summer Fridays, and 401(k) included.
For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
To apply: email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with subject line: Company Manager. No phone calls, please.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016b-aeb4-d136-affb-ffbec00d0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.