Assistant Director, Major Gifts
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York, NY 10023
Assistant Director, Major Gifts
Planning and Development
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA), one of Lincoln Center’s eleven resident organizations, serves a unique role on the Lincoln Center campus, serving as the landlord of the sprawling 16-acre complex, overseeing day-to-day operations, security, and maintenance. This also includes the management of major construction and renovation projects, space rentals, and coordination of outdoor public events.
LCPA is also a leading arts presenter, showcasing a dynamic array of music, dance, and theatre on its stages, curating the American Songbook, Great Performers, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, White Light Festival, and David Rubenstein Atrium series as well as overseeing production for the PBS series, Live From Lincoln Center.
Lastly, Lincoln Center Education (LCE), which is part of the LCPA umbrella, strives to help young people in New York develop skills in problem solving, collaboration, communication, imagination, and creativity through their engagement with the arts. In doing so, LCE works to develop teaching artists and oversees community, family, and school programming across the boroughs of New York City.
The Assistant Director, Major Gifts will report to the Director, Planned Giving and Major Gifts and will support fundraising for a rich diversity of programs and operating needs with a special focus on fundraising for arts education and community engagement initiatives.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of 100 donors and prospects with capacity to make 5 and 6-figure gifts, and meet annual fundraising goals.
• Write various solicitation materials, proposals and reporting documents as well as highly personalized acknowledgment letters.
• Partner with volunteer leadership to attract new donors.
• Initiate and conduct personal meetings with major prospects with the intention of establishing a relationship that will result in contribution.
• Work in collaboration with development and education staff to cultivate and steward donors.
• Support overarching Planning and Development team initiatives, projects, and events as needed.
• 5+ years of front-line fundraising experience.
• A proven track record closing gifts from individual donors.
• Interest, experience and/or enthusiasm for the arts and arts education required.
• Prior experience working in arts education a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and results-oriented with a strong ability to set priorities and work towards outcomes in an organized, strategic manner.
• Exceptional customer service and relationship building abilities.
• Experience utilizing fundraising CRM database, Clearview and/or Tessitura a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
All candidates should submit a resume and cover letter using the link provided. Cover letters, outlining your interest in Lincoln Center and your salary expectations, are required for applications to be considered complete. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Internal candidates should submit an application via the employee portal.
It is the policy of Lincoln Center to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital or civil partnership/union status, familial or caregiver status, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposition, or carrier status, unemployment status, domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
HOW TO APPLY