Seasonal Carpenter for Macy’s Parade Studio
Moonachie, NJ 07074
Job Title: Seasonal Carpenter/Fabricator, Macy’s Parade Studio
Reports to: Director of Production
The Carpenter/Fabricator works on the construction of Floats, Props and other scenic elements for Macy’s iconic events including; the Thanksgiving Day Parade, Spring Flower Shows, 4th of July Fireworks, Santa Land and other seasonal elements.
· Works as a carpenter, welder, fabricator on floats and other studio projects
· Acts as a crewmember on installations, set ups and take downs.
· Acts as a crew member for parade set up and other events as needed
· Acts as a crew member for the installation and implementation of special projects: Holiday Displays, Marquee Elements and Flower Show
· Collaborates with the Production Manager and Shop Floor Supervisor on methods of project engineering and planning and production.
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by director of production and/or production manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience in construction and/or scenic production
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to read scale drawings and basic schematics
Mathematical Skills (if applicable)
· Basic math skills able to translate drawings to material orders
· Ability to multitask and collaborate with multiple artists and builders
Physical Demands (if applicable)
· Must be in good physical condition, job requires physical lifting, pulling, pushing 25-50 lbs.
· Must be able to perform “professional level” finish work on all projects
· Must have a general knowledge of welding/metal fabrication and general rigging
· Must be self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision
· Knowledge or experience in electrics, plumbing and hydraulics a plus
· Must possess basic computer skills
· 40 hours M-F typical
· Some weekends and holidays required including Thanksgiving eve and Thanksgiving Day
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
July 22, 2019 – November 29, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016b-9562-d229-a57f-bd6a3fa90000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.