Technical Director – Atlantic Theater Company
Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
The Atlantic Theater Company, a not-for-profit off-Broadway theater, is looking for a Technical Director to join our team at the Linda Gross Theater. We are looking for a creative problem solver who approaches their work with a positive attitude and thrives being in a team environment.
· Assistant Technical Director – hired hourly per production
· Charge Scenic Artist – hired hourly per production
· Additional Freelance Labor for all calls – hired in coordination with PM hourly and per production
· Coordinate with Contracted Freelance Heads (Audio, Lighting, Video, etc.)
· 4) Mainstage Productions
· (2) Theater for Young Audiences Productions
· Participate in producing the yearly Gala
· Ancillary programming – may include but not limited to Live Podcasts, Readings, and Atlantic School events
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work closely with Production Management to support the ongoing needs of the Linda Gross Theater and Atlantic Theater Company.
· Develop forward thinking plan for the scenic department, including anticipating personnel, scheduling, and equipment needs for productions.
· Collaborate with designers about institutional knowledge of use and capability of theater space.
· Maintain clear and consistent communication with other production departments to ensure successful integration of technical elements of shows.
· Attend all design presentations, production and department heads meetings, tech notes sessions, run-throughs, technical and dress rehearsals, and preview performances in conjunction with the Assistant Technical Director as designated by production manager.
· Supervise load-in, technical rehearsals, and preview performance work schedules for scenic staff as well are coordinating complimentary schedules with other department heads.
· Coordinate with contracted external shops for show build, automation, and effects.
· Coordinate the onsite build of scenic elements for both Mainstage and Atlantic For Kids Productions as needed.
· Direct the safe and timely manufacture, installation, and strike or storage of all scenic elements as well as proving assistance to other production departments for cross departmental projects.
· Keep specification of physical plant current including drawings and inventories.
· Coordinate and overseeing technical solutions to the general safety, movement, function, and structure of scenic elements.
· Maintain theater’s equipment and theater space with the support of the Operations.
SKILLS ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
· Ability to bring a group incentive and drive to each production both within their own department and the production team at large.
· Possess project management skills that demonstrate the ability to deliver scenic and house projects on time and on budget with artistic excellence.
· Ability to balance scale and scope of productions with designers and production management while working from a place of yes.
· Have strong communication skills and be fluent in collaborating with a wide variety of artists, technicians, and administrators with diverse backgrounds, including people with demanding artistic talents and personalities.
· Ability to lead, inspire, and supervise employees to get work done efficiently and safely, including appropriate delegation to keep the flow of work moving.
· Must have complete proficiency and demonstrable experience in drafting with either AutoCAD or Vectorworks. A working knowledge of the other program is a plus.
· Must have knowledge of modern theatrical scenic construction methods including but not limited to rigging, pneumatics, theatrical automation, and engineering used in technical designs.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other cloud based software
· Five or more years of experience in related positions; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
· Active knowledge of leadership, teamwork, and management principles for a diverse staff
· Work with PM to assist upper management regarding future capital projects and improvements.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] and indicate Technical Director in the subject. No phone calls, please. Atlantic Theater Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Atlantic Theater Company, please visit:www.atlantictheater.org
June 20, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.