Video Shop Technician
New York, NY 10001
The New York office of Frost Productions is seeking a self-motivated and detailed-oriented Video Shop Technician who is based in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) to work in our warehouse located in Moonachie, New Jersey.
The Video Shop Technician is responsible for the quality control and coordination of all video gear movements at our warehouse. They will need to work independently to fulfill the primary responsibilities of this position as listed below, while also working closely with the Warehouse Manager, Warehouse staff, and the Video Services Manager to achieve overall success.
Salary Range: $25.00-30.00 commensurate with experience
• Pull and pack gear efficiently as listed on load sheets and effectively use trunk space available.
• Check in LED panels, processors, hardware, and return gear with an attention to detail.
• Reset video racks, switchers, kits and playback devices to our standard default settings.
• Load and test event content on show computers, prior to truck pack.
• Check in cameras, download content off onboard cards, and upload content to the Frost database for distribution and archiving.
• Test, maintain, and repair video equipment as needed.
• Maintain an organized work space and an accurate inventory of all video gear.
• Work with warehouse staff to ensure the proper handling and coordination of all gear movements.
• Punctuality, professionalism, and a positive, collaborative attitude when working with co-workers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and time-management skills.
• Able to lift and move in excess of 60 pounds unassisted, plus lift and move 100 pounds with assistance.
• Working knowledge of video signal protocols (SDI, Fiber, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, VGA).
• Working knowledge of video distribution and converter systems.
• Working knowledge of Mac and Windows-based operating systems.
• Experience with building and terminating data cables (RJ45 and BNC connectors).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Any certifications or experience with the following: Analog Way switchers, Christie Projectors, NovaStar LED products, Signal Converters (Decimator, Blackmagic, Kramer, and Gefen) and Projection Screens (AV Stumpfl and Draper).
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Frost Productions provides high-end, full-service production solutions to the special events market. Our clientele ranges from prominent cultural institutions and corporations to private individuals and organizations. With over 40 years of providing dynamic solutions to our clients, Frost continues to innovate and explore new mediums in the special events market. We pride ourselves in the ability to push the boundaries of proven technology and to provide our clients with new and innovative solutions and experiences. Our solutions often create whole environments, through the use of lighting, video, audio, décor and custom-fabricated scenic elements.
June 24, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to careers…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.