Assistant Touring Retail Manager
The Walt Disney Theatrical Group
New York, NY 10036
DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
Disney Theatrical Productions is seeking an Assistant Touring Retail Manager to assist the Touring Retail Manager in all aspects of the business & deputising for their role in their absence. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist in management of the day-to-day operation and sales generation of merchandise for the Tour.
- Partake in the advancement of the retail operation for each theatre during the tour, and assisting with the smooth transition between venues.
- Assist in the process the Load-In and Load-Out of entire merchandise operations (kiosks, inventory, POS stations and office equipment). Load-In is typically a 2 Day process including setting up kiosks & POS equipment, visual merchandising displays, filling in stock, setting up office and reorganizing merchandise trailer truck to act as a storage space for the engagement.Load Out prep will start 3 Days in advance of leaving a market by prepping goods on truck for travel, packing up office equipment and removing displays so that kiosks can be properly wrapped for travel.
- Liaise with Temp Agency to hire staffing to sell merchandise in each market. Drive sales and profitability by leading temp sales teams to achieve set goals and targets, effective management of stock, cash and assets, and feedback to temp agency on staffing challenges.
- Maximise Profit and Minimize Loss through effective management of stock, cash and assets.
- Communicate effectively with Theatre Management & Disney Personnel to facilitate daily operations including staffing, banking, deliveries and stock & cash movement; both whilst at theatre and planning ahead to future venues
- Maintain accurate records including sales, stock, cash movement, staffing hours and all relevant paperwork. Maintaining an accurate POS system.
- Identify Risk and provide effective & timely solutions.
- Conduct and provide with Sales Analysis; providing effective feedback, new ideas and strategies to help achieve goals.
- Provide timely and effective communication to Tour Retail Manager, Senior Tour Retail Manager, Director of Merchandise and all Internal & External Partners.
- Follow set policies & procedures, guidelines and best practice when dealing with stock, cash, equipment and communication; providing consistency and upholding Disney Standards.
- Lead by example for Disney sales techniques and guest service at all times, being an ambassador for the Disney Brand.
- Manages the inventory on sales floor as well as truck. Consistent restocking between kiosks and truck throughout day. Partake in weekly or bi-weekly product deliveries consisting of 10-12 pallets of merchandise that needs to be properly restocked on truck and sales floor.
- Work side by side with Tour Retail Manager to ensure consistency in management and unified standards to all internal and external parties.
- Minimum 2 years in a Retail Management & Guest Service Role Overseeing Sales Team.
- Proven Experience in Tour and/or Theatre/Event Environment
- Experience Working Remotely from Direct Supervision to Achieve Company Standards and Excel in Sales
- Experience in Operations, Cash Handling and Inventory Management
- Experience of Training, Managing & Motivating staff to Achieve Sales Goals.
- Experience of Managing POS and Reporting System, Maintaining Accurate Records and Minimizing Loss.
- Experience of Liaising with Internal & External Partners to Achieve Goals
- Experience in Visual Merchandising
- 100% Travel Required 52 weeks a year, except when taking Paid Time Off/Vacation.
- Flexible in working hours and conditions in tour markets. Work with tight timelines and urgency.
- Must lift minimum of 60lbs on a consistent and daily basis
- Must be able to handle a physically strenuous work environment for 10+ hours.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Effective Logistical Planner
- Proven success in sales and profit analysis, sales planning and cost management
- Expert in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Pro-active problem solver
- Ability to drive sales through own actions and staff management
- Adaptable to change and achieve standards through obstacles
- Self-motivated with the ability to work remotely & obtain what is needed from Line Manager
- Ability to promote brand standards and goals to external partners
June 24, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY