Signature Theatre Company
New York, NY 10036
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking Greeters for The Pershing Square Signature Center on West 42nd Street.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions and sold its millionth reduced price ticket in the spring of 2019. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
Greeters are responsible for creating a welcoming environment for the public. Reporting the House Manager, Greeters are an integral part of introducing the culture of The Pershing Square Signature Center to the company’s subscribers, the general audiences and interested visitors. Greeters are primarily responsible for engaging guests as they arrive at the Center and orienting our audiences to the Center.
This part time, seasonal position requires a flexible schedule which generally includes evening shifts Tuesday – Sunday; and matinee shifts on Wednesday – Sunday, and holidays. Applicants must have specific availability for the 2019 summer season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directing and monitoring lobby traffic
• Delivering instructions and information to the public in a clear and friendly way
• Communicating pre-performance informational messages to ticket holders
• Validating tickets at one of three assigned seating venues
• Assisting in maintaining attendance records, verifying nightly ticket stub count
• Responsible for the set-up, storage and care of front of house equipment
• Working with the House Manager to troubleshoot all ticket and/or patron issues
• Assisting with special projects as needed
Candidates should be:
• Experienced with, or enthusiastic for, a public-facing role
• Possessing exemplary customer service and communication skills
Primary criteria to be considered for an interview are:
• Experience with a performance venue or restaurant hosting
• A positive and energetic outlook
• A passion for theatre
· Possessing or obtaining a FDNY F-03 Certificate of Fitness aka “Fire Guard”
Please email cover letter and resume with references to [email protected] Please include “Greeters” in the subject line.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, visit: www.signaturetheatre.org.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to Careers…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.