Automation Systems Designer
Fairview, NJ 07022
Job Title: Automation Systems Designer
Location: Ozark, Missouri or Fairview, New Jersey
The Automation Systems Designer is responsible for the development, installation and maintenance of software systems on customer sites such as operating systems, development software and communications programming, including software systems.
- Involved in process control software development to include, but not limited to, programmable logic controllers (PLC) self-contained HMI units, and full HMI systems. This includes all software and/or systems. Conceptualize and offer creative ideas and solutions on custom projects
- Involved in the design and installation of software, stand alone and/or networked PLC/PC systems to be used in a process control system at a customer site, to include the installation of all software and/or systems.
- Performs scheduled and emergency repairs and/or maintenance of software system and PC networks at customer site to include basic knowledge of gear motor mechanical systems.
- Updates Project Manager of current service status by the means of service reports, project schedules and maintenance tracking system. Keeps Manager aware of any customer activities that could hinder the normal operation of any system. Developer must have the ability to create very detailed system scope and operational documents.
- Involved in process control software development to include but not limited to programmable logic controllers (i.e. Eaton, CoDeSys 3, Visual Designer, Emerson Machine Control Studio and M-Connect), self-contained HMI units, and full HMI systems.
- Follow proper safety procedures and safeguard others’ safety at all times, understanding the obligation to refuse to perform any tasks that are unsafe.
- Keep current with industry standard and electrical codes
- Accept travel assignments including – as much as 40% travel/offsite.
- Accept job assignments from Manager for any type of work for which the employee is deemed qualified.
- Accept other duties as assigned including working in other departments or locations (team player)
- Control panel design, 3 years (Preferred)
- PLC Programming, 3 years (Preferred)
- Theatre automation systems and terminology (Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent. Degree or certification preferred. Self-Starter
- Minimum of 3 years of job related training/experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Eaton, CoDeSys 3, Visual Designer, Emerson Machine Control Studio and M-Connect highly desirable.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Computer savvy
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical and technical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Email Resume and Cover Letter.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016b-0f42-d04e-abeb-8f6a8aa20000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.