RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking experienced Theatrical Stitchers for upcoming projects.
- Construct or alter all assigned costumes according to the supervisors specifications.
- Actively participate in a team consisting of supervisor, and other stitchers.
- Understanding of the period, style, and techniques necessary to complete the costume within the costume designer’s guidelines.
- Maintain the integrity of the costume design.
The stitcher must be able to perform the following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Put in zippers
- Basic tailoring skills
- Garment alterations
- Comfortable using industrial, domestic and serger sewing machines
- Hand sewing
- Comfortable with stretch fabrics, beading and sequins
- Quick Rigging of costumes knowledge
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Able to perform a variety of construction and alteration techniques with minimum guidance
- Demonstrated proficiency in hand sewing techniques
- Knowledge of/and experience in a variety of costume construction techniques including tailoring, period construction techniques, and alterations
- Demonstrated knowledge in theatrical construction and quick rigging techniques
- Understanding of period shape and how to adapt it to theatrical costumes
- Ability to collaborate with the costume team to efficiently complete assigned projects
- Ability to listen, take instruction, and to participate in a team to complete the builds/alterations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Works well in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Work dates: throughout July 2019
- 9am-6pm daily with one hour lunch break
- Must be able to work from our offices in Long Island City, NY
- Compensation: starting at $15/hr based on experience
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY