Immediate Carpenter & Props Master/Designer Positions
Shawnee Summer Theatre of Greene County
Bloomfield, IN 47424
We’re seeking an experienced Carpenter for our 60th Anniversary Summer Season at Shawnee Theatre in Bloomfield, IN. We’re looking for someone who has experience building sets and working with ground plans and build drawings. Please send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com ASAP.
Seeking carpenters starting May 20, 2019 through July 21, 2019.
More information about the Carpenter position:
1. Time commitment: We work 6 days a week. We normally work 10am – 10pm with a lunch and dinner break (9 1/2 hour work days). Our tech crew usually takes Fridays off. It’s a quick turnaround, we produce 6 shows in 9 weeks (see the abbreviated schedule attached).
2. The start date is May 21st, with a move in day on the 20th, if you require housing. The season ends July 21st. It is a 9 week contract.
3. The salary is $400-500 or 550/weekly (based on experience).
4. The build budget for the shows range from $700 – $3,000 depending on the show. We encourage designers and builders to reuse from previous builds. We do have some stock platforms and flats in our shop, and your budget can be moved around as long as the overall budget does not go over.
5. Other responsibilities: Construction and other duties associated with the creation of the scenic design(s), help to supervise and work with a crew of employees and volunteers during build, load in, and strike, etc.
We are also in search of a Props Master with set dressing experience. Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with resume and letter of interest.
May 20, 2019 – July 21, 2019
400-500wk + housing (depends on experience)
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to shawneetheatre…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.