Live Entertainment Producer/Director, Project Management – Nickelodeon
NY, NY 10036
Overview & Responsibilities:
Orlando, FL OR New York, NY
This Live Entertainment Producer/Director, Project Management will Manage all aspects of assigned Nickelodeon Experience Design entertainment projects from inception to execution that brings value to the Nickelodeon brand and the specific Nickelodeon properties that are part of the creative vision of the project. Once projects are assigned by senior management, manager needs to “own” the project from start to finish staying within agreed upon budgets and involving all creative/management stakeholders as needed.
- Oversee start of creative process, get feedback from department, partners and creative stakeholders as needed to execute creative briefs and lay-out project kick-off plan. Includes scripting, costuming, design and construction scheduling, partner/project coordination, and vendor selection/bids. Creative briefs, awarding contracts, contract execution, and scheduling to be a priority.
- Responsible to hire, manage and schedule required labor and resources including outside vendors to meet production goals
- Budget and schedule project. Responsible for all project documentation, including tracking and reconciling budget, maintaining schedule, coordinating meetings and working with office management team to ensure coding consistency for internal and external project related expenses
- Coordinate all feedback and approvals from LBE Partners, LBE, GCG, Brand Design, Show Production, Nick Marketing Legal, Brand, Rights and Clearances and Senior Management as needed
- Coordinate with Resource Director (Orlando) for all in-house design projects to estimate design labor and schedule. Once agreed upon, responsible for providing design labor with correct coding for projects and ensuring the deliverables make it to partners/vendors on schedule as well as approving project costs
- Oversee scheduling and execution of all project design/concept/ packages, fabrication contracts, vendor relations, new artwork/logos etc. Project manager is responsible for coordinating all for vendor deliverables. i.e. Drawing packages, digital files, treatments, punch-lists, scripts, etc.
- Maintain consistent relationship with licensing partners during the project duration through regular update meetings and contact including providing meeting notes, milestones and deadlines. Assist in final punch list and completion ensuring that all elements were completed as planned
- Work with any outsourced vendors to keep work at a high standard, maintain budget, and stay on schedule
- Provide regular updates to senior management, recreation and creative through updates on projects at weekly creative team meetings
- Arrange and document post-mortems on project assessing creative process, budget overview and delivery of goals
- Catalogue all finished creative in condensed format and close out all financial aspects including completing all payments, checking internal budget codes for accuracy and client bill backs if applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 8 years industry experience with versatility in themed entertainment, branding, story, stage design and technology
- Experience working with high visibility brands and developing strong relationships with invested stakeholders
- Ability to travel is required
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external teams that include partners, designers, writers, producers and casting agents
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Organized with attention for details, diplomacy and cross-functional collaborative skills
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop, Illustrator and Project Management software and tools.
- Deep familiarity for Nickelodeon properties is a plus
HOW TO APPLY