Day Utility Person (Custodian/Housekeeper)
David H. Koch Theater At Lincoln Center
New York, NY 10023
DAY UTILITY PERSON (Custodian/Housekeeper)
The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center opened in April 1964 as the New York State Theater under the management of City Center of Music and Drama, Inc. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
As a member of the Utility Staff, the Day Utility Person works to ensure an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for performers, staff and visitors; performing a variety of cleaning operations; assisting in the preparation of facilities for activities and events. The Day Utility Person is a union represented role and the successful candidate is required to join SEUI Local 32-BJ after 60 days of employment.
- Performs a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and polishing.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Ensures all assigned rooms are cared for according to standards
- Handles reasonable requests with professionalism and patience
- Delivers and/or sets up a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) to appropriate parties or destinations within the Theater.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a custodian or housekeeper
- Customer oriented and friendly
- Ability to communicate in English
- Flexibility in schedule is a necessity; irregular work hours may include nights and weekends
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position of interest to the New York City Ballet Human Resources Department, by:
Fax to 212-870-4268
or by e-mail to BalletHR@nycballet.com.
Please indicate DHKT Day Porter in the subject line of the email.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
SEUI Local 32-BJ
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to BalletHR…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.