Sound Board Operator
Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
Second Stage Theater seeks a Sound Board Operator for our upcoming production at the Tony Kiser Theater from May 8th through June 30th. Second Stage Theater produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Second Stage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and strongly encourages all interested parties to apply.
Sound Board Operator is responsible for:
- General care and maintenance of the sound system including all house gear and any rented equipment.
- Powering on all sound equipment and performing speaker checks prior to each Technical Rehearsal, and prior to ½ hour of each performance. Including turning on, checking, and operating any microphones, stage monitor system in the booth and dressing rooms, and infrared cameras
- Turning on and checking ALL headsets at EVERY location before ½ hour.
- Implementing the sound cueing during the run of the show.
- Maintaining the focus and position of all speakers.
- Responsible for charging and cycling all battery powered equipment.
- Maintaining any paperwork for the show including written instructions, check lists, and cue lists.
- Making sure that enough sound supplies are available for the run. Orders need to be communicated with the Production Manager at least a week in advance.
- Fulfilling sound requirements for any talk-back and post show events, i.e. setting up a microphone.
This is a non-union, run crew position, eligible for overtime. Hours will vary during load in and tech process. Evening and weekend work required.
To apply please send a resume and references to [email protected] with the subject line SOUND BOARD OP
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016a-5afd-da9f-abfe-7fffaeee0000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.