Temporary Design Studio Associate
Moonachie, NJ 07074
Design Studio Associate-Macy’s Parade Studio—Associate will play a role in the development of design concepts for the production of floats, balloons and other properties, for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and other events. Macy’s Parade Studio is a department of Macy’s Branded Entertainment. The Design Associate will be responsible for creating concepts from rough ideas to finished, color presentations.
· Produce concept sketches to finished renderings, scale models and accompanying visual references for Studio Production.
· Works as a sketch artist, illustrator, sculptor, and model maker on floats, balloons and other studio projects.
· Collaborates with design studio director and the production director on research and design of projects for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and other events.
· Develop files in 2D and 3D formats as virtual files and physical models.
· Assists in maintaining overall organization and inventory for all drawings, scale models, progress photos and the reference library.
· Work as needed as a hands on sculptor, painter, fabricator on Parade floats, balloons, costumes and other Studio projects.
· Works as needed off site to survey and translate into drawings areas such as event sites, marquees and store architecture for Flower Show and other events.
· Acts as a crewmember on installations, set-ups and take-downs.
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by director of design studio and/or production director.
· Collaborates as needed with outside clients and vendors.
· BFA degree, or other related disciplines.
· 5 years design and illustration experience.
· Proficiency in 2D and 3D design and illustration.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Ability to multitask and work cross functionally with multiple business partners
· Must be hands on, with skill in handling multiple art and sculpture materials and tools.
May 6, 2019 – June 17, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016a-560f-da9f-abfe-77df7f170000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.