Technical Director / Traveling Exhibition Manager
Running Subway Productions
New York, NY 10018
This position reports to the VP of Production and manages many aspects of the company’s multiple touring exhibitions and entertainment properties. Prepares production schedules, oversees budgets, tracks expenses, travel, and trucking, supervises both touring and local staff and vendors, fabricators, and installers. Help develop, review, edit and implement contractual obligations. Requires significant travel, job-based in NYC.
- Self-starter with independent decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated skill in conceptualizing, developing, designing, coordinating with construction shops, and installing exhibitions and/or theatrical projects.
- Experience in budgeting, tracking and managing project costs.
- Experience in writing and reviewing contracts.
- Strong organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills; strong written verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to engage and lead a team, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Understands basic professional museum and art handling practices a plus.
- Basic fluency in carpentry and electrics, and AV/electronics a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify and organize physical and mechanical repairs.
Other useful skills:
- Drafting software such as AutoCAD or SketchUp
- Graphic design including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office, Quickbooks or Quicken familiarity
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
May 6, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY PHONE
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to maggie…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.