Production Stage Manager- Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line
Riverview, FL 33578
Seeking a Production Stage Manager to work with the production manager, cruise director, and onboard management; he/she/they will be responsible for the efficient operations of production shows, quality of performances and programmed events within the designated theater, venue or entertainment space. The Production Stage Manager will oversee the production show team members and scheduling within the assigned venue, execution of programming and protecting assets, resulting in achieving and exceeding guest and company expectations.
· Protect and maintain production show integrity and approved content
· Maintain and update production show books with show blocking, props placement, the plot of the set with marks, backstage tracks of the technicians and support personnel.
· Maintain and update show calling book with all light cues, spotlight cues, sound cues, automation calls, and video calls
· Submit and manage all orders for designated theater/venue
· Liaise with the Production Manager to ensure all technical aspects of the show and venue are running properly
· Run all technical rehearsals in the venue/theater for production shows
· Make sure you are aware of all events taking place in the theater
· Act as house manager when productions are scheduled to open venue for guests
· Maintain a working schedule for all production cast members
· Maintain and update a production grid for the designated theater/venue to distribute to Cruise Director, departmental managers & supervisors, production show team members and other onboard departments as needed
· Write a synopsis for end of cruise report to inform onboard management, and shoreside teams of production show elements and needs in assigned venue
· Write and distribute weekly production reports
· Maintain and distribute a weekly schedule of events for a production show cast
· Maintain and distribute weekly rotation for the production cast for all assigned cruise programs events.
· Work with the Cruise Director to properly schedule all production installs, rehearsals and guest entertainers within the assigned venue
· Work with the Install Production Stage Manager and Production team to ensure proper time is scheduled to install the shows on the ship; communicate before arrival and during install timeline and liaise with Cruise Director and onboard management for all requests and requirements
· Work with the Production Manager to make sure all production show sets, props and equipment are well maintained
· Make sure the assigned theater venue meets all safety codes and proper safety protocols.
· Conduct frequent inspections and physically walk through assigned theater production spaces to ensure they are well maintained and kept according to policies
· Supervise the storerooms and inventories, adhering to safe storage practices
· Liaise with Theatrical Company Manager to contribute to performance observations for all production cast members
· Supervise and include observations on evaluations (90-day new crew, monthly and end of contract) for all technical team members with the Technical Supervisor
· Hold weekly production meetings with Theatrical Company Manager, Show Captains, Wardrobe Supervisor, and Production Manager onboard to discuss schedule, issues, and upcoming events
· Attend weekly company meetings with production cast members to discuss schedules, issues, and upcoming events
· Attend weekly technical production meeting with Production Manager and technical team members to discuss issues, maintenance, and operations
· Address all production team and guest issues promptly; seek onboard resolutions and escalate to Manager, Productions and entertainment management if unable to resolve
· Take show notes to give to the cast weekly
· Expected to be accessible and approachable with the guests, capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feel at home
· Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
· Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position
May 12, 2019 – November 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016a-3715-d1f6-a37f-77953a730000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.