New York, NY 10036
RPM is a dynamic, full-service ad agency with a bold vision for the live entertainment space. Our team of experienced industry professionals aims to create a trust-filled partnership with clients, focusing on clear communication, streamlined workflow and creative that captures the imagination. We are looking to expand our team with people who share this passion for the new and uncharted. Clients include the Broadway shows Hamilton, Chicago, Waitress, Moulin Rouge!, The Cher Show, plus Second Stage Theater, American Ballet Theatre, and Big Apple Circus.
The Project Manager is paired with a Client Director/Manager to prioritize, manage, and execute the daily deliverables for a select group of clients. The Project Manager will maintain deliverables lists, initiate creative briefs, track projects and make sure deadlines are being met, send creative for review, communicate feedback, seek out answers during the creative process, and route creative deliverables to clients. In addition, the Project Manager will support a Client Director/Manager with general administrative tasks such as scheduling and preparing materials for client meetings. The Project Manager will also work closely with various creative staff members including but not limited to art directors, designers, production artists, editors, and copywriters to ensure execution of creative deliverables.
– Create and maintain deliverables lists for multiple clients, identifying dates for internal first looks, first looks to client, and final release dates
– Craft clear Creative Briefs for new projects and answer any questions from the creative team that come up during the process
– Take ownership of projects from start to finish, and problem-solving any issues that could cause a project to get stuck
– Update Client Director and Lead Strategist on deliverables status. Provide creative team with daily priorities for their shows
– Seek necessary internal approvals on creative deliverables from the creative team and communicating feedback to designers
– Initiate and gather client feedback on most creative deliverables=
– Responsible for ensuring timely release of deliverables, and flagging to the Studio Director and Client Director ahead of time if there are any roadblocks to the project staying on track
– Assist in scheduling client and internal meetings
– Assist with overflow projects from Client Directors
– 2+ years in project management and some form of client/hospitality/customer servicing, ideally in an agency environment
– Experience in managing/organizing many projects with hard deadlines simultaneously
– Experience in managing communication with clients/customers
– Flexibility to thrive in a start-up environment that is constantly changing
– Ability to multitask and quickly switch from working on one project to another
– Experience working with project management software
– Knowledge of creative workflow in an agency environment and how to route deliverables from ideation to copy to design
– Basic understanding of creative/design terminology
– Ability to solve unexpected problems swiftly and drama-free
– Ability to work with multiple people and personalities
– Interest in New York theater, arts and culture scene
– A true problem solver who is able to anticipate roadblocks and offer solutions
– Late-night, early-morning, and weekend work may be necessary at times
YOUR TYPICAL DAY AT THE OFFICE:
After catching up on some emails and Slacks, you spend some time reviewing your deliverables list for all your clients and mapping out what projects are urgent for the morning. You check in with the designers working on your projects to get a clear picture on the status of all outstanding deliverables, and then email a client to confirm a few details that were left vague on a particular project. After that, you jump into an internal meeting with one of your Client Directors and Lead Strategists on another show. You gather input from them on a creative brief for an upcoming subway domination buy and then route the brief to the Studio Director. The afternoon is largely spent at your desk updating your entire deliverables list for all your clients, and adding a slew of them that came up in your client meetings from earlier in the week. You then chat with the Creative Director about timing for upcoming artwork, and grab the Design Lead and Content Lead for feedback on an asset ready for review. You end the day printing out a bunch of materials that are needed for an early meeting the next day, so your morning can be as stress-free as possible.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?
A successful Project Manager at RPM will instill confidence with fellow team members and clients that they have complete ownership and understanding of all the details associated with their projects. Team members will find this person quick on their feet and able to quickly shift priorities when last-minute changes or new projects come their way, solution-oriented, and enjoyable to work with. The Project Manager will also impeccably maintain deliverables lists to ensure no projects fall through the cracks. A successful Project Manager is a great communicator who has a feel for how to best approach team members across multiple departments: working closely with the creative team to make sure that they are fully briefed on what needs to be done and aware of deadlines, communicating with the Client Director to manage client expectations, and chatting with the creative leadership team for feedback…and is comfortable with being assertive in following up for feedback if the deadline is approaching. This position will require detail-oriented work in a fast-moving environment, and the successful Project Manager will thrive by taking the time to ensure i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed and, at the same time, move swiftly to keep projects moving forward.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016a-21d2-df53-a17f-69da57660000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.