Community Outreach Coordinator
Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
Atlantic Theater Company, an award-winning non-profit Off-Broadway theater, seeks a part-time Community Outreach Coordinator to broaden its reach to new, diverse and expanded audiences. The goal is to improve and sustain successful, affordably-priced ticket programs, providing access to theater for underserved audiences such as students, older adults, families, and people from diverse and low-income communities.
The Audience Outreach Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Director of Marketing to implement strategies with a range of New York City communities, with particular emphasis on African American, Latinx, Middle Eastern and Asian residents, to achieve audience engagement goals expressed within the theater’s long-range plan to include underrepresented populations. The Community Outreach Coordinator will also work closely with Atlantic’s ticketing team in facilitating group attendance to its productions.
We’re seeking motivated and passionate individuals and particularly encourage applications from those with backgrounds and experiences that are currently underrepresented in theater administration.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will:
· Identify and oversee 2-4 yearlong show ambassadors, responsible for engaging communities largely underrepresented within theater audiences.
· Develop and strategize around the development of communication and engagement plans, in concert with Director of Marketing, artists and show staff.
· Design engaging promotions and incentives for community groups.
· Build and nurture relationships with local partners, sponsors and community leaders.
· Plan and execute engagement events, including community events, open houses, season kick-off events, talkbacks, pre- and post-show gatherings/conversations, etc.
· Track and report on community partner attendance and experience via surveys and follow up.
· Self-motivated work ethic and the ability to multi-task with ease.
· Must possess a meaningful passion for the arts and belief in the life-altering power of theater.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, and people skills.
· Proven track record of cultivating engagement through grassroots campaigns.
· Demonstrable success crafting, courting, securing and nurturing unique and strategic local partnerships.
This is a part-time, hourly paid position reporting to the Director of Marketing and will play an integral part of the theater’s Marketing team. Please email a cover letter and resume to Claire Graves at [email protected] and indicate Community Outreach Coordinator in the subject line. Atlantic is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and all qualified applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.