New York, NY 10018
Our client, a leading non-profit in the research space, is looking to bring on additional hospitality support on a contract basis. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day hospitality needs/communications for the foundation. The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate catering, some administrative experience, and be able to lift 20-30lbs. This is a temporary opportunity for 3-4 months with potential to extend.
Hospitality staff is responsible for the general operations of office pantries and the staff dining room that serves 300 + staff daily.
Responsibilities include assisting with the management of Seamless web lunch orders, ordering and stocking food supplies, daily preparation of fruit and oatmeal, and meeting/event set-up and clean-up for three office locations in the Flatiron neighborhood.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Act as the primary liaison with staff and hospitality vendors regarding all hospitality needs of the Foundation.
- help with organization-wide announcements.
- Some day-to-day admin email correspondence and basic excel reports.
- Support breakfast and lunch operations by preparing daily breakfast items (fruit and oatmeal), and accepting and organizing lunch deliveries.
- Identify and resolve issues with food delivery; make recommendations to avoid issues in the future.
- Assist with unpacking and organizing hospitality items for the main dining room and all office locations and auditorium pantries.
- Assist with lunch and breakfast meeting set-up and clean up. Return the room to its original state in a timely manner after the conclusion of a meeting.
- Support special events by accepting food deliveries and setting up in the appropriate meeting location.
- Keep the kitchen tidy; load and unload dishwashers; keep pantries, shelves, and the refrigerator stocked and tidy.
- Monitor and order all dining room and pantry supplies including water, soda, condiments, dishwashing detergents, fruit, and snacks.
- Escalate repair and cleaning issues to the appropriate facility repair team when required.
The most important skills required for this position:
Work well under pressure
- Able to multi-task
- Good communication skills; a people person with a friendly demeanor
- Enjoy routine and structure
- Problem solve; think critically
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive during downtime
- Able to adapt to changes within the position
- Able to lift 20-40 lbs.
- Basic computer skills, Mac is a plus
April 15, 2019 – August 30, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 0000016a-085a-d47b-af6b-0ffecad70000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.