Visitor Services Ambassador – Part Time
New York, NY 10036
As a vital part of the Visitor Services team, the Visitor Services Ambassador provides the first impression and the last interaction for visiting guests. The Visitor Services Ambassador maintains and ensures each visitor receives the highest level of customer service set forth by museum practices. This position plays a vital role curating a visitor’s experience by attentively listening, expertly guiding and accurately communicating requested information. The Visitor Services Ambassador will serve as the Museum’s leading representative by demonstrating exceptional customer service skills with a positive attitude and engaging demeanor. By displaying a confident and strong work ethic, the Ambassador will support the entire Visitor Services team as they provide a united enthusiasm for the Museum experience. Their professional and courteous actions will assist the Museum in exceeding the visitor’s expectations by performing the following duties:
- Supports all areas of the frontline and public spaces of the museum as directed, including general admission ticketing, reception and information, exhibit flow, audio guide operations, group operations, membership and special events.
- Provides a high level of customer service by engaging guests, answering questions, resolving problems and/or referring more difficult problems to a supervisor as necessary to ensure a wonderful experience.
- Actively seeks out and engage guests in conversation, using strategies which may include inquiry, personalizing experiences and appropriate humor to provide exceptional guest experiences.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of daily Museum exhibits, programming, membership benefits, events and operational changes.
- Communicates Museum policies and offerings; recommends museum itineraries to visitors.
- Provides facts and historical information about museum, ships, equipment, and artifacts, pointing out features of interest and answering questions.
- Clearly communicates the mission and message of the Intrepid Museum to guests.
- Ushers guests through assigned indoor or outdoor area insuring a smooth, swift flow of traffic.
- Move/position barricades and stanchions for crowd control as needed.
- Ensures safety and well-being of our Museum guests.
- Ensures cleanliness of assigned area, performing general picking up of garbage and informing supervisor of need for additional cleaning.
- Operates front of house ticketing system.
- Handles cash or credit card transactions and issues valid tickets to guests.
- Offers to guests the option to purchase ticket packages and/or additional products (up sells).
- Processes third party vouchers and passes.
- Accepts and verifies opening bank, accepts cash/credit cards from guests and then records end of day receipts and preparing deposits for bank.
- Coordinate with volunteers, educators, and other Museum staff to provide the best visitor experience.
- Attend regular mandatory training sessions.
- Performs other duties as required or directed by management.
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). One (1) year or more of related customer service experience in ticketing, crowd control, admissions and interpretation in an attraction or museum setting. Ability and comfort in speaking in public and directing individuals or groups, express ideas clearly and present information effectively to museum guests, exhibit good judgement, and be able to resolve guest issues independently. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize. Ability to follow direction and adjust to changing policies and procedures, memorize historical and technical information. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evening and weekend days. Cash handling experience preferred. Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested.
No phone calls please.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to resume…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.