Associate Director of Development
Two River Theater
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Two River Theater is seeking an Associate Director of Development to join its development department. The right candidate will have experience working in a busy, fast-paced development office, specifically in the areas of institutional giving, corporate sponsorship, and board relations. The responsibilities of this position include aiding in long-term strategy to grow contributed revenue, steward current funders and research and investigate new funding prospects, and act as a liaison across departments to streamline communication and project management. This position reports to the Director of Development.
About Two River Theater Now in its 25th Anniversary Season, Two River Theater is located in the vibrant Jersey Shore community of Red Bank NJ. Two River is committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community. Through 8+ theatrical productions each year (including world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences) and 40+ annual events and audience engagement initiatives, Two River serves an audience of 50,000 annually. Two River celebrates and honors our core values of Artistic Excellence; Education and Community Engagement; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Operational Excellence. Anyone who joins our collaborative and fun team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Institutional Giving – Grants:
• Work with Development Director to strategize and implement an Institutional Development Plan to increase giving over the next several years.
• Prepare grant proposals to fund Two River Theater’s artistic, education and other programs, following each funder’s specific application procedure and requirements.
• Maintain grant calendar, including prospects, upcoming deadlines and anticipated responses.
• Coordinate with all departments to draft grant narratives and reports and to develop evaluation tools and summarize outcome data.
• Coordinate with the Finance department to gather budgets for grant proposals and reports.
• Draft thank you letters and manage other ongoing correspondence with institutional funders.
• Draft all interim and final reports associated with grant awards.
• Initiate contact and follow up with funding prospects, as appropriate
• Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Develop a formal corporate sponsorship program and benefits to attract new partnerships and deepen current ones.
• Create a pipeline of prospects and plan for connecting their values and goals to our productions and programs.
• Create sponsorship decks and materials for each season in print and online.
• Maintain sponsorship solicitation and benefit redemption timeline with upcoming deadlines and anticipated responses.
• Schedule and attend meetings with current sponsors and prospects.
• Work closely with the marketing department to track sponsor contracts and all departments to ensure that sponsors receive recognition, tickets, discounts, and private event benefits.
• Be the point person to arrange all details for sponsor events and work closely with Events Manager to execute.
• Draft thank you letters and manage other correspondence to sponsors.
• Maintain records in database and in paper files, including sponsorship tracking and reporting.
• Schedule and set-up board and select Board committee meetings throughout the year.
• Send meeting reminder emails and maintain meeting RSVP lists.
• Create board meeting materials along with leadership and department heads.
• Take minutes for all board meetings and select Board committee meetings.
• Maintain board giving along with the Director of Development.
Other – Overall Support for Development Department:
• Aid in overall fundraising strategy to increase contributed revenue
• Create annual institutional and corporate sponsorship income budget and quarterly re-projections along with Director of Development.
• Manage and track development department expenses. Manage monthly budget reconciliations.
• Conduct ongoing prospect research to identify new potential institutional funders and sponsors, and update giving priorities and deadlines.
• Assist Special Events Manager with event activities, particularly for sponsorship benefits and cultivation events, as needed.
• Assist with other Development Department projects as requested.
• At least 4 years’ experience working in development at a non-profit organization, arts organizations are preferred, but not required
• Enthusiastic attitude, personable, ethical, good sense of humor, and passion for theater and the arts
• Exceptional writer who can craft clear and persuasive proposals for support.
• Comfortable interacting with program officers, donors, and board members either in-person or on the phone.
• Superb attention to detail, quick problem solver, and multi-tasker.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
• Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Availability to work on selected weekday and weekend evenings required.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, personal time and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting), a detailed resume, a list of 3 references, and a writing sample to Denyse Reed, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Associate Director of Development
Application Deadline: April 19, 2019
Position start date: May 6, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to dreed…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.