Rosie’s Theater Kids
New York, NY 10036
Rosie’s Theater Kids (RTKids)is an arts education organization, founded by Rosie O’Donnell and Lori Klinger in 2003. RTKids serves students who otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience theater, positively changing the trajectory of their lives by providing comprehensive classes in music, dance, and drama; thoughtful mentoring; and structured academic guidance. Through its in-school, after-school, and summer programming, RTKids reaches over 1,500 New York City public school students annually.
RTKids’ Development Department is seeking an experienced grant writer and excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills to fill the role of Development Associate and serve as part of a busy two-person fundraising office that manages a team of part-time interns and volunteers. The role supports the fundraising efforts of RTKids as a whole, with a primary focus on increasing foundation, corporate, and government funding by managing and expanding the grants portfolio and by acting as the primary author and editor of all grant materials. Additionally, the Development Associate will work with the Director of Development in planning and execution of events as well as on individual donor stewardship, including creating and managing a system for donor outreach and stewardship, creating and tracking acknowledgements, and other work as needed. There is room for growth in the Development Associate role, and RTKids is seeking candidates with the ability and desire to help grow and create this role based on their experience and interests.
• Lead all grant writing for public, private, corporate, and government funding opportunities, including but not limited to composing, editing, and final submission of proposals, application forms, letters of interest, reports, thank you notes, and correspondence
• Coordinate with RTKids staff to produce timely, compelling, and accurate grant materials, financial reports, and budgets
• Systematically research, identify, cultivate, secure, and steward current and potential institutional funding relationships in concert with the Director of Development
• Create, organize, and maintain all institutional records, including up-to-date attachments for grant proposals (e.g. budgets and documents that display organizational/program statistics and facts) and press kits
• Assist Director of Development and Artistic and Executive Director in composing internal and external communications, generating copy for published materials (including special events materials and an end of year appeal), and articles for website, etc.
• Assist with and/or attend site visits with clients, visitors, and prospective funders
• Assist in planning and execution of special events for donor cultivation and fundraising, and attending regular Gala meetings
• Manage donor database maintenance (Salesforce), maintaining comprehensive tracking notes regarding process with each proposal submission, recent drafts submitted, letters received, phone calls made, and monies received, as well as generating acknowledgments
• Occasionally assist in maintenance of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram), helping to generate regular and targeted content
• Respect for children and belief in the mission of the organization
• 3-5 years’ experience in grant writing and building relationships with institutional funders at a nonprofit organization
• Relevant bachelor’s degree required
• Superior verbal and writing skills
• Strong organizational skills, coupled with a strict attention to deadlines and instructions
• Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office; familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
• Professional experience working with Customer Relations Management (CRM) software, Salesforce preferred
• Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to both collaborate and work independently
• Knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts
• Professional appearance and demeanor
RTKids offers a competitive compensation package, including generous benefits and paid time off. RTKids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, uniformed service, protected activity (i.e. opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in proceedings covered by the anti-discrimination statutes) or any other characteristic protected by law. To this end, all employment-related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.RTKids also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request, or when made aware of such a need.
RTKids recognizes the value of diversity in the workplace generally, and at RTKids in particular. It is the policy of RTKids to encourage and promote the recruitment of women, people of color and other under-represented groups. The intent of this policy is to broaden the pool of applicants for all positions, entry level and advanced, so that people from under-represented groups are made aware that these opportunities exist and that the workplace at RTKids is welcoming and inclusive.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three relevant writing samples (ideally grants or other solicitations of funds) to Katherine Heberling, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to development…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.