Interim Company Manager
St. Ann’s Warehouse
Brooklyn, NY 11201
About St. Ann’s Warehouse
St. Ann’s Warehouse fills a vital niche on New York City’s cultural landscape as an artistic home for the American avant-garde, international companies of distinction, and highly talented emerging artists ready to work on a grand scale. Over forty years, St. Ann’s has evolved into a world-class theater where artists come to make work in an open, flexible space that can be reconfigured specifically to meet their needs. By virtue of the many partnerships and huge talent St. Ann’s has nurtured, outstanding artists and productions have been introduced on American soil, where they have had major impact here and abroad. In October 2015, St. Ann’s Warehouse opened its permanent home in the shell of a former Tobacco Warehouse in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The new St. Ann’s Warehouse is a 25,000 square foot site, housing two flexible performance spaces: a 10,000 sq ft open footprint Theater and a 1,000 sq ft Studio for smaller scale productions, rehearsals and community gatherings, as well as a welcoming Lobby and bar, an open air public garden, and administrative offices.
The Interim Company Manager at St. Ann’s Warehouse oversees the general care and well- being of all the artists, technicians, companies and productions presented or produced by St. Ann’s. The Company Manager is responsible for the coordination, management and day-to-day operation of artist services, which includes all aspects of travel and accommodation for visiting companies and productions. An integral member of both the General Management and Production teams, the Company Manager is an important liaison with the Artistic Director, Finance and Operations management as well. The Company Manager reports to the Associate General Manager.
We are looking for an experienced Interim Company Manager to start immediately through June 12. The primary responsibility is to oversee the comfort and well-being of artists, technicians, companies and productions during their stay in New York. Ways in which this is executed include:
– Manage housing and hotel accommodations for guest artists, technicians and companies (including negotiating rates, room blocks, special requests, maintenance, check ins/outs & communications with landlords);
– Oversee, manage and cultivate (along with GM and Assoc. GM) ongoing relationships between St. Ann’s and independent landlords, corporate housing entities and preferred hotels.
Travel and Visas
– Coordinate, manage and book all flights within the agreed upon production budget. Work with SAW Travel Agent as needed to secure flights;
– Secure airport transfers, and local transportation (taxi and metro cards) for the company where applicable;
– Work with General Management and immigration counsel to manage all visiting artist visa petitions (as needed);
– Meet and greet company members at airport on day of arrival and accompany them to accommodations; assist artists with return travel to airport upon departure.
– Organize catering for rehearsals, performances, and company events (including meet- and-greets, company dinners, receptions and closing night events);
– Update & distribute Artist Information Packets;
– Organize gifts & cards from the Artistic Director and St. Ann’s Warehouse;
– Handle any medical issues which may arise and escort artists to all appointments;
– Communicate and follow up on any medical-related issues, including filing of insurance claims, where applicable.
Accounting and Finance
– Manage and distribute weekly per diems and account for receipts;
– Reconcile department credit cards & process check requests.
Production and General Operations – Support load-ins and load-outs including running errands, equipment pick-ups, etc.
· At least 3 years’ Company Management experience in touring or production, with a keen interest in working with artists;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to provide support to visiting artists/companies/staff in a fast-paced environment with discretion, openness and a sense of humor;
· Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to self-direct;
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and the rare late night visit to the emergency room;
· Solid computer and organizational skills;
· A clean and valid driver’s license.
Competitive salary for the Interim Company Manager position commensurates with experience. Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, three references with contact information to email@example.com with “Interim Company Manager Position” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
April 1, 2019 – June 12, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to jobs…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.