Part Time Administrative Assistant
New York, NY 10018
DMC is a small engineering consulting company whose New York City office is located in Midtown. We are looking for an extremely self-motivated person to help support office organization and a team of engineering consultants in a variety of duties. Currently, we are about 15 people strong and growing quickly! Our staff is composed of engineers who need things done quickly and efficiently.
This is a fantastic entry-level position for the right person and, perhaps, a lousy position for the wrong person. It is a part-time opportunity with the potential to go full-time as we grow. This person will be asked to do a wide-range of tasks including providing support to management, accounting, recruiting, and marketing. This position is a great opportunity to learn A LOT and contribute a ton in a fun work environment with incredibly smart people that will constantly keep you on your toes.
- Bachelor’s degree or in the process of obtaining one. Please indicate GPA.
Attributes of the person we’re looking for include:
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- PROACTIVE self-starter
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Highly responsive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked
- Customer service oriented outlook
- Ability to lift 40lbs on occasion
So, if you can only focus on a single task, are an unhelpful, unfriendly Eeyore, and are an unresponsive, lazy, detail-hater who wants to surf the web all day, this job is not for you.
However, if you 100% believe you have the all of the qualities listed above, keep on reading. The best way of describing the duties of the position would be “whatever it takes.” However, that is rather vague so here is a list of some of the many typical duties:
- Keeping office in order – tidying work spaces, ordering office supplies, cleaning up kitchen at day’s end, making sure printers have paper, stocking the office with snacks and drinks, watering plants, etc.
- Meeting planning & coordination – ordering lunches for entire office, ensuring that everything is ready for various meetings
- Answering phones & routing calls
- Shipping – sending out packages & marketing materials
- Planning and coordinating fun office events and parties
- Managing marketing materials inventory
Be aware that you may be required to do all of the above tasks in a single day! Also be aware that this is not the most glamorous job. Though this job offers a lot of variety and opportunities to learn in a fun yet professional atmosphere, the majority of time will be spent answering phones, ordering lunches and tidying the office after a hurricane of engineers sweep through.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Strong computer skills – MS Office especially
- Ability to prioritize
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to follow specific direction and also to work independently in a fast paced atmosphere
- Phone experience is a plus
If you’re still interested, please submit your resume along with the following in a cover letter:
- Expected compensation
- Days and times you are available to work
- A short description of what you’re most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you – both strengths & areas for improvement
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
HOW TO APPLY