Audtions for new play, Love/Fantasy (Downtown Urban Arts Festival)
Downtown Urban Arts Festival
New York City, NY
Auditions for Love/Fantasy, a new, award-winning drama written by Tommy Jamerson and directed by Arielle Sosland, will be held on Sunday, March 3rd from 2:30 to 6:00 at 520 Eight Ave (3rd Floor, in room A). Please note that Love/Fantasy is part of the 17th Annual Downtown Urban Arts Festival and will receive one performance on May 4th, at the Wild Project (195 E 3rd St) at 7PM.
Please note this play features mature language, violence, and graphic scenes depicting and describing sexual assault. All auditioning must be over 18 years of age.
Synopsis: Adapted from a series of interviews conducted during the fall of 2006, Love/Fantasy presents its audience with four harrowing accounts of sexual assault and survival. Told through the perspectives of Cory and Anna, two friends attempting to write a play touching on the current #MeToo movement, Love/Fantasy blurs the lines of fact and fiction, and presents an unflinching look at one of society’s most controversial and all-to-frequent violations.
March 4, 2019 – May 4, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to 00000169-1c69-dc6c-a76f-1df9d5b30000…
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.
March 3, 2019 at 3:56PM – 2:30 – 6PM
520 Eight Ave, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10018 (Room A)
WHAT TO PREPARE
To be considered for an audition, please email a headshot and resume to the above email address. Audtions will be conducted in ten minute blocks. Please include your first, second, and third choices between 2:30 and 6 (example: First Choice 3:00, Second Choice 3:10, Third Choice 5:00). We will try our very best to accommodate your first choice.
Sides will be provided at the audition. You do not need to prepare a monologue.
Looking to fill the following roles:
- CORY: Male. Early twenties, college playwright, gay.
- ANNA: Female. Early twenties, a psychology major.
- JILL: Female. Early twenties, sorority sister. Wears a white, porcelain mask.
- DALE: Male. Late thirties, film producer, gay. Wears a white, porcelain mask
- RHONDA: Female. Sixties, mother of two. Wears a white, porcelain mask.
- FRIEND: Male. Jill’s best friend.
- MR. BROWN: Male. Forties. Dale’s client.
- PAUL, Male. Twenties. Rhonda’s date
- BRET: Male. Twenties. Anna’s ex-boyfriend